GCC: DOE: California, Washington, and Hawaii had the highest share of transportation-related CO2 emissions in 2018

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRA

https://www.greencarcongress.com/2021/10/20211026-fotw.html

In 2018, US states with the highest shares of CO2 emissions coming from transportation were primarily located along the eastern and western coasts, with California, Hawaii, and Washington having the highest share at 59%, followed closely by Idaho at 58%.

The four lowest states were Louisiana (19%), North Dakota (15%), West Virginia (14%), and Wyoming (12%). Nationally, 37% of CO2 emissions were from transportation.

No big surprise there, as coastal states tend to be blue and have implemented building and energy efficiency standards going back decades, plus they have ports, rail and road connections to the rest of the country. The list of states above with the lowest % of transportation CO2 all have large sources of/industries using fossil-fuels.

Well I know it won't be long before people on the right will start blustering about how "dirty" the "peoples republic of California" is. :roll:

Back