Well new mexico governor decided to make electricity unaffordable

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the people of newmexico decided to give the governor the power to appoint public regulatory commission seats.
The only thing this might accomplish is close the investor owned coal fired plant which is already scheduled to close in 2022 when the lease expires. They might close it a year early at a cost of millions upon millions of dollars to electric rate payers and tax payers.

My pressure washer stays parked next to the house closest to where the solar panels are with a wheelbarrow over it.
I'm firing up the pressure washer when I'm down about 2% peak power.
I fired it up 2 more times since last post.
Probably fire up again tomorrow, or at least before it gets cold again next Monday.

Got another toy. A 6.5hp DR chipper shredder. I can grind up small sticks, twigs, nuance saplings, tumble weeds, let them dry out and they're ready to burn in about 4 days if green. A coal furnace full of wood chips burns for about 5 hours.
Every ton of fire wood I cut up yields a few hundred pounds of twigs and small sticks that used to go on a burn pile. Been under a burn ban for like a year now so I'm probably going to turn the wood chipper on the brush piles and burn them in the coal furnace.

Well I caught up with all my neighbors after the February freeze.
They all had their power turned off for at least several hours.
I did not. I guess being a registered power generation facility has its benefits.
That day when the high was about 12F and everyones power was getting turned off I was burning wood and coal in the coal furnace using almost no electricity.
My neighbors who all have electric heat and appear to have "smart meters" they were all in the dark.

Well looks like PNM has been approved for a 7.6% rate hike and that's only half of it, they want 14% and they are going to fight for it.

I thought wind and solar were supposed to be cheaper than natural gas and coal. I knew it was a lie, never believed it for a second.

24 pages later and I told you so.

Back