sharynbovat
Delivery Date: 26 Jul 2012

Nissan Conspiracy Theories

Hello my name is Sharyn Bovat and I worked for top NISSAN executives. I learned about NISSAN taking money for a car they were using outdated technology to build. I whistle blew and Nissan executives made my life miserable.
[url]
http://www.nissanwhistleblower.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/url]
I have pictures of me with top NISSAN executives. Carlos Tavares the President of NISSAN North America was my client and I told him. Why take money for something to fail? Nissan build the leaf because they needed the 1.4 billion to help them with a major cash flow problem in 2009. It's called FRAUD!!!

PLEASE CALL YOUR MEMBER OF CONGRESS
Eric Holder's office was told about this by Bob Corker's office and they have done NOTHING!!!

[img]/Users/sharynbovat/Desktop/Screen%20Shot%202012-07-22%20at%207.24.06%20PM.png[/img]
mwalsh
Delivery Date: 05 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0213

Re: Marketing Suggestions for Nissan: Let's Get Serious

sharynbovat wrote:Hello my name is Sharyn Bovat and I worked for top NISSAN executives.
I've seen your blog before today, Sharyn. It's clear you have an axe to grind with Nissan. Maybe you have good reason. But it's hard to see that over the hyperbole. From the outside you have the appearance of a Nissan version of Orly Taitz. :?
2011 Blue Ocean SL with 87,000 miles
2015 pack on 12/30/15
Tinted windows
Bosch AGM 12v
Ecopia 422+ tires
L1 EVSE upgrade
FIAMM horns
Superbright LED lighting
2013 sun visors
LED shifter
Heated seats
GT-R map lamp lenses
Altima illuminated door switches
sharynbovat

Glad you saw the post.. I had a great conversation with Mark Silverman the former editor of the Tenessean. He knew the battery was bad and didn't report it because his management at Gannett would not let him.

He's still my friend and if I were coo coo that would not be the case. He won the Ben Bradllee award.
Granted I'm not a grammarian BUT I am a taxpayer who saw fraud. Because NISSAN committed fraud and "got away with it" America will get mad and LESS companies who deserve funding will be denied.

If the people that read this forum really care about the EV then you'll tell NISSAN to Tell the Truth.

Sharyn

To: Sharyn Bovat
Sent: Sat, Apr 2,

FYI...I sent this to our business editor.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, April 02, 2011 6:49 PM
To: McClain, Randy

Randy,

This is clearly not the first time issues surrounding the Leaf's battery have been raised. With the Congressional stalemate over the federal budget, we should revisit the issues of the battery and the federal support it receives. Let's discuss.

Mark

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, April 02, 2011 6:36 PM
To: Silverman, Mark

Mr. Silverman,

When reviewing your messages to me YOU were blowing me off. That scared me
because you're the editor of the largest paper in Tennessee.
Stoaty
Delivery Date: 12 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 3871

sharynbovat wrote:Hello my name is Sharyn Bovat and I worked for top NISSAN executives. I learned about NISSAN taking money for a car they were using outdated technology to build. I whistle blew and Nissan executives made my life miserable.
The web site is pretty disorganized and has a strong paranoid flavor. That's all I can tell from a brief look... and all I need to know.
2011 Leaf with 62,000 miles given to Nephew
2013 Tesla Model S85 with 251 miles rated range at full charge
Leaf Spy Manual
Battery Aging Model Spreadsheet
mwalsh
Delivery Date: 05 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0213

Stoaty wrote:a strong paranoid flavor
I like a strong paranoid flavor. I find it pairs well with a soupçon of persecution complex.
2011 Blue Ocean SL with 87,000 miles
2015 pack on 12/30/15
Tinted windows
Bosch AGM 12v
Ecopia 422+ tires
L1 EVSE upgrade
FIAMM horns
Superbright LED lighting
2013 sun visors
LED shifter
Heated seats
GT-R map lamp lenses
Altima illuminated door switches
sharynbovat

Make fun of me all YOU want the fact is the Leaf was built with technology from the 90's and the people that purchased the cars did NOT get what they were told. SOLYNDRA read my blog 1142 times. People from Fisker, BYD, Tesla and A123. Make fun of it....still they would not read the blog if it were NOT factual and the Ben Bradllee winning editor would not call me "still" several times a week if it were not true.

I was jailed 3 times for whistle blowing. I thought FRAUD was a crime. Had Nissan really had the technology i never would have had to blow a whistle.

Sorry I'm not as polished as the intellectuals on this website. But at least I have the courage to SPEAK UP.

Sharyn Bovat
http://www.nissanwhistleblower.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stoaty
Delivery Date: 12 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 3871

sharynbovat wrote:Make fun of me all YOU want the fact is the Leaf was built with technology from the 90's and the people that purchased the cars did NOT get what they were told.
My Leaf is working fine after one year and over 10,000 miles. I don't care if the technology is from the 1890's (although I doubt it is that old). Nissan came out with the first mass produced and affordable EV. Although there are some problems in very hot climates, I am getting exactly what I was told I would get.
2011 Leaf with 62,000 miles given to Nephew
2013 Tesla Model S85 with 251 miles rated range at full charge
Leaf Spy Manual
Battery Aging Model Spreadsheet
NYLEAF
Delivery Date: 27 Jan 2012
Leaf Number: 17311

You know, you're right. I didn't get what I was told. My dealer's website told me every car they sell comes with a free tank of gas. When I got my Leaf, this was not included. Thank you for speaking up.
Former Ride: 2012 Leaf SL, Ocean Blue, Leased 1/27/2012, Returned 4/27/2015, 37.7k miles & 12/12 bars
Final LeafSpy readings: AHr 60.73, SOH 92%, Hx 90.90%, 250 Gids on full charge

Current Ride: 2012 Nissan Rogue SL AWD, Black
padamson1
Delivery Date: 27 Oct 2011
Leaf Number: 9240

sharynbovat wrote:Make fun of me all YOU want the fact is the Leaf was built with technology from the 90's and the people that purchased the cars did NOT get what they were told.
OK, I'll feed the troll.

I purchased the car and feel I got exactly what I was told: A city commuter car that runs on electricity with a range 70-100mi. The battery technology used is irrelevant as long as it performs (and doesn't blow up or wreck the environment). So there is a incorrect statement right off the start.

Is Nissan a fraud because they used '90's technology? If in fact Nissan did use inferior technology, it's not a fraud but a bad business, as they leave themselves open to other EV manufacturers using better technology and getting their car blown off the road. However none of the other EV's on sale now perform much better than the LEAF. The ones with TMS willl certainly do better in hot climates, but that just means that fewer people should buy Nissan's product. What's happening in Arizona & Texas is about TMS, there is no case for fraud (yet). Business suicide maybe, but not fraud. BTW - A Prius uses 70's battery technology. Are they frauds too?

Or are you saying that Nissan got the US government loans based on lies? Well there might be some basis for that, but I don't see anything on your site that points out how that was done or what specifically is fraudulent. To my knowledge the loans were to enable selling EVs and building them in Tennessee (to put Americans to work). Nissan is selling an EV and putting Americans to work in Tennesee, so no problems there. Now if they close the factories and/or shutdown the LEAF in two years, well then there maybe there is a case for something fraudulent.

The whole "these people are reading my blog, so clearly there are some facts to it" doesn't help. Nor does "I've been persecuted". The accusations of gender bias aren't fraud, that's labor violations. So it sounds like maybe you're getting charged for false accusations. Nor does trying to associate your cause with Solyndra or other supposedly fraudulent companies help, again bad business is not necessarily fraud (but is definitely people making the wrong decisions).

Fraud is a strong word and grounds for libel if it can't be proven. Use your blog (and not this forum!) to cite some facts and make a real case. Right now the site reads like the repeated ramblings of a paranoid lunatic.
DaveinOlyWA
Delivery Date: 16 Nov 2019
Leaf Number: 319862

i will "+1" padamsons post. it amazes me that just because 50 cars in AZ, TX and what have you are having issues that it is ok to ignore the thousands of us who are not. Nissan still has a pretty decent product for a large area of the country despite the GCC/GW crap we got going here.

knowing everything i know now, would i have gotten my LEAF??? oh ya. no doubt in my mind. of all the EVs (like we have a ton to choose from) on the market right now; the LEAF is still the best fit. i am now VERY glad the MiEV did not come out first because i would have bought it and probably made do with it but would have not been able to do what i can do with the LEAF.

now is the LEAF the "end all, be all?" oh no. not even close, but i have driven it 18 months and once again, still aint nothing better out there. should they have done a more robust BMS? sure they should have but...ah well. sure i lose about 15 of my 85 mile range in winter, but that is about it.

i fully expect to be losing some of my battery capacity here sooner or later. i expect to see it any day now...
2011 SL; 44,598 mi, 87% SOH. 2013 S; 44,840 mi, 91% SOH. 2016 S30; 29,413 mi, 99% SOH. 2018 S; 25,185 mi, SOH 92.23%. 2019 S Plus; 25,047 mi, 92.12% SOH
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Off-Topic”