If you thought Nissan only did EVs well, watch this!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveinOlyWA

http://biertijd.com/mediaplayer/?itemid=30103" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

not saying this is the best against the best since there were a few glaring omissions in the field, but the competition was pretty stiff nevertheless!

Wow, I am shocked that a Nissan won against all of those big names in sports cars. Even though it is a gas car, I'm still proud to be a Nissan owner after watching this.

I am curious how the Tesla Roadster would have fared in this race.

I think the fact that the cars spread out almost from the very beginning shows that the drivers, and their starting reaction times, were a huge factor.

But kudos to Nissan. Just ahead of the Ferrari. Wow.

AWD has a big advantage when starting from dead stop. The GTR's also has a launch program the minimizes slip at full throttle. Several of the other cars comes in AWD versions but I'm wondering if they were used. The GTR only comes in AWD. The GTR built up its lead at the very start and the Ferrari managed to close the gap at higher speed.

This is the almighty GT-R, and the more potent 530bhp 2012 version at that. I have to say that I am not entirely surprised that Gojira stomped all over the competition. This being a drag race was impressive enough, but put it on a big track and it would win by an even greater margin. On paper it looks good, but in reality it is mind-boggling good. I've yet to drive one but have ridden in one and have seen them first hand on short track road courses, it's truly awe inspiring.

I absolutely love the 458 Italia but one (most likely) will never find it's way into my garage. The GT-R on the other hand....

Here's a chart of the cars' ranked by horsepower. I wanted to see how closely their times would correlate to the HP.

If it were just about horsepower, the red marks would be close to the red line. You can see that the GT-R way exceeded where it should have ended up. The Ferrari and Porsche also did well.

Conversely, the worst performers were the Lotus and Mercedes.

5f5f374ed0d1fa2c329867cda7001a86

ok the race did not have the MacLaren or the Lamborghini or a few others, but who cares??

i am proud that Nissan won. now obviously, i do have issues with ANY 530 HP car and its "place" in the world, but that is not the point. the point is that this indirectly shows the engineering chops at Nissan's disposal

granted performance talent and efficiency talents may not always correlate. we have a TON of manufacturers highly successful in one area who are not able to translate that into success in the hybrid arena

Back