Cars Don’t Waste Fuel. Drivers Waste Fuel

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcesare

Researchers at the University of California, Riverside’s Center for Environmental Research and Technology (CERT) are developing a new way of boosting fuel efficiency by as much as 30 percent without changing a car’s powertrain at all.

Their secret? Finding ways to change our behavior so we’re more attuned to maximizing their mileage while behind the wheel.

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2011/09/uc-riverside-cert-study-fuel-efficiency/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

IMO The best way to achieve this is add a "taxi meter" mode where you can input your cost of energy and watch the dollars spin like a slot machine as you drive 70+.

jcesare said:
IMO The best way to achieve this is add a "taxi meter" mode where you can input your cost of energy and watch the dollars spin like a slot machine as you drive 70+.

+1!

Now that I own a Leaf, I see this in my mind every time I drive my ICE car...

Funny that you brought that up, I just caught myself imaging this just the other day when I was driving an SUV :lol:

Back