OC Auto Show 2011 and Link to Free Tickets + Motor Trend Mag

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRONZ

This will get you in free on Thursday or Friday.

COMPLIMENTARY TICKETS to the Orange County International Auto Show, September 22-25 at the Anaheim Convention Center. The OC Auto Show, produced by Motor Trend, is going to have the hundreds of new cars, trucks, sport/utility vehicles and alternative fuel vehicles. From the hottest new models to show-stopping entertainment, the show offers something for everyone. Click on the link for your FREE Orange County International Auto Show tickets!

COMPLIMENTARY TICKETS as well as a FREE one year subscription to MOTOR TREND magazine!

http://www.autoshowtickets.com/oc/index.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Promo Code: OCLEXWES

The ticket to the show is printable. Free ticket is valid on Thursday and Friday, and you get B1G1 on Saturday and Sunday.

Offer valid in CA only.

I went to the show for all of an hour this evening. Quite underwhelming, as far as I was concerned. There were all of three EVs there, a LEAF at the Nissan stand (a 2011 model, of course), a Coda in the hallway outside the show and I think I saw a Smart EV. Oh, and the Volt, of course. That's it, move along, nothing to see here.

Parking is $12, so car pool, or see if you can find street parking nearby, or go to Disneyland and walk across the street and take an hour out to shop for cars when your kids are napping. :)

Highlights for me: I signed up at the Ford stand to be paid $50 to test drive a Ford at any Ford dealer by the end of October. I'm going to choose a Focus so that I can get some idea of how the Focus EV "might" turn out. The Jaguars are starting to look pretty sweet, if you want to spend $90k for a coupe or a convertible. I'd probably buy something else for that money, though. The Hyundai Veloster is quite special looking, especially the rear hatch glass. They have one that you can sit in. They had a new Mini Coupe. I decided that it doesn't look enough different in the flesh from the regular Mini to justify the loss of head room. All of the Audis are tasty, ditto for the BMWs.

That was it for me. Glad I only spent an hour, plus some electrons to get there. Your mileage may vary.

Back