Google+

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sreenathpktr said:
Why people interested in google+.It's not good as facebook.
Although Facebook is better than Google+, we can't ignore Google+ because it is a fastest growing social networking!

This about sums it up for me.

googleplus.png

The biggest (and most important) difference for me is the fact that that schmuck Zuckerburg has nothing to do with Google+.

The biggest thing for me is I don't get invites from my family or have to watch their Farmville stats.

And almost the entire Tech community is already on G+, which keeps a nice separation from Facebook. The fact that G+ doesn't require me to follow people who follow me makes it the best of Twitter and the best of FB.

Is there a Nissan Leaf spark on G+?

PhatBoyG said:
The biggest thing for me is I don't get invites from my family or have to watch their Farmville stats.

And almost the entire Tech community is already on G+, which keeps a nice separation from Facebook. The fact that G+ doesn't require me to follow people who follow me makes it the best of Twitter and the best of FB.

Is there a Nissan Leaf spark on G+?

You can make a Spark for Nissan Leaf. But as far as I can tell, the Sparks are really just like google saved search that sends you a RSS-like list of stories. I would rather have a way of easily seeing all discussions on the Leaf that people make public in their streams like Twitter search. I can't figure out how to do that.

I also would like the hashtag concept to be formalized in G+ so that I could send out a public message that is marked as potential interesting to EV drivers. Right now, I can add anyone to a EV or Leaf circle but I see all their messages in that stream and can't filter by ones relevant to the topic I am interested in. So I don't think it is quite there yet, but way better than FB for me and more conversational than Twitter which is more of a broadcast announcement channel.

'Jeff Lander' on G+ if anyone cares to add me. I do silo EV discussions in a circle.

Back