Leaf / LOTR Poem

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FairwoodRed

So, you may have seen that Fathom Events has been showing the Lord of the Rings movies in theaters the last few week. I've been going and it's kinda on my mind.

Yesterday, I had the longest day of my commuting schedule since I bought the car on Saturday. I'me driving home and I get down to one bar/ 6 miles left. I'm about 5 miles away with a 500ft elevation gain to go.

I'm watching my range like a hawk at this point. Just one bar left. Then it comes to me:

One Bar To Get Them Home.
One Bar To Drive Them.
One Bar To Keep Them Warm,
And If They're Lost - Guide Them!

I know, it's a little corney, but I'm still proud of myself. What do you think of it?

I did make it home. 2 miles from my house my range dropped to ---, but I never saw turtle mode. Carwings says that I drove 101 miles that day and I trickle charged for 4 hours so I could account for the elevation gains (500ft just before my house!)

I'd change the last line to "And in the darkness, Guide them." It sounds more like the original and I think the meaning fits even better.

Back