danrjones
Posts: 1041
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:02 am
Delivery Date: 17 Jun 2019
Location: Ridgecrest, CA

Re: COVID-19 aka 2019 (and 2020) Novel Coronavirus

Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:40 pm

Correct we were not eligible but Kern County opened up the county to everyone. They provided an over ride code to put into the CA website at the bottom so that anyone could schedule.

I can't remember the exact reason they gave. Something akin to most of Kern County fell under a higher medical index due to poor living standards. I also wondered if maybe the county was finding doses were going unused. Kern County is fairly conservative and probably has a high proportion that are refusing.
2018 Leaf SV Pearl White with Tech and All Weather, Purchased New on 5/3/19

cwerdna
Posts: 11999
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:31 pm
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: COVID-19 aka 2019 (and 2020) Novel Coronavirus

Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:16 pm

danrjones wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:40 pm
Correct we were not eligible but Kern County opened up the county to everyone. They provided an over ride code to put into the CA website at the bottom so that anyone could schedule.
No way my county's giving any override codes to its general population.

They are some local sites all around the Bay Area that are only for designated communities (e.g. people of color, poor people, limited access to tech and/or medical care, etc.). Example: https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/e ... r/2509632/. Arguably, this has happened way too late for that community. And, there's https://www.sccgov.org/sites/covid19/Pa ... -site.aspx.

If any such sites don't impose restrictions (e.g. essential work, pre-existing conditions , zip code, etc.), it is considered umm... shady to go there to get a vaccine unless they have leftovers or nobody there wants it.

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium (former)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium (lease over)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

User avatar
Nubo
Posts: 5968
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 11:01 am
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2014
Location: Vallejo, CA

Re: COVID-19 aka 2019 (and 2020) Novel Coronavirus

Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:52 am

cwerdna wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:16 pm
They are some local sites all around the Bay Area that are only for designated communities (e.g. people of color, poor people, limited access to tech and/or medical care, etc.). Example: https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/e ... r/2509632/. Arguably, this has happened way too late for that community. And, there's https://www.sccgov.org/sites/covid19/Pa ... -site.aspx.

If any such sites don't impose restrictions (e.g. essential work, pre-existing conditions , zip code, etc.), it is considered umm... shady to go there to get a vaccine unless they have leftovers or nobody there wants it.
Eh? I just scheduled. How am I to know if I'm being "shady"?
I noticed you're still working with polymers.

salyavin
Posts: 323
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:51 pm
Delivery Date: 30 Dec 2019
Leaf Number: 318726
Location: Littleton , CO

Re: COVID-19 aka 2019 (and 2020) Novel Coronavirus

Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:56 am

In Colorado they opened it up to everyone last Friday. I have an appointment on Saturday albeit an hour away in Colorado Springs. In a bit of a hurry as I have a Jury duty summons for May 3.

cwerdna
Posts: 11999
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:31 pm
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: COVID-19 aka 2019 (and 2020) Novel Coronavirus

Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:29 am

Nubo wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:52 am
cwerdna wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:16 pm
They are some local sites all around the Bay Area that are only for designated communities (e.g. people of color, poor people, limited access to tech and/or medical care, etc.). Example: https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/e ... r/2509632/. Arguably, this has happened way too late for that community. And, there's https://www.sccgov.org/sites/covid19/Pa ... -site.aspx.

If any such sites don't impose restrictions (e.g. essential work, pre-existing conditions , zip code, etc.), it is considered umm... shady to go there to get a vaccine unless they have leftovers or nobody there wants it.
Eh? I just scheduled. How am I to know if I'm being "shady"?
Certain sites have specific residency restrictions and you can't schedule them w/o a code. Unfortunately, the code sometimes spreads and non-eligible residents end up being able to schedule. This has made the news numerous times. Example: https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/r ... t/2476027/.

For others, I think some might be walk-in but are still intended for some areas that are impacted greatly by COVID and have low vax rates. I believe https://iccnc.org/news/2021/3/29/jv3dj0 ... 83hv1wote8 falls under that. Not being a resident there and taking advantage if there aren't extras can be shady...

There are a bunch of vaccine hunter FB groups and usually folks are pretty careful to point that out if someone posts about one of those. And, usually, people are good about not hosing the people those are intended for.

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium (former)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium (lease over)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

User avatar
Nubo
Posts: 5968
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 11:01 am
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2014
Location: Vallejo, CA

Re: COVID-19 aka 2019 (and 2020) Novel Coronavirus

Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:10 pm

cwerdna wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:29 am
Nubo wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:52 am
cwerdna wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:16 pm
They are some local sites all around the Bay Area that are only for designated communities (e.g. people of color, poor people, limited access to tech and/or medical care, etc.). Example: https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/e ... r/2509632/. Arguably, this has happened way too late for that community. And, there's https://www.sccgov.org/sites/covid19/Pa ... -site.aspx.

If any such sites don't impose restrictions (e.g. essential work, pre-existing conditions , zip code, etc.), it is considered umm... shady to go there to get a vaccine unless they have leftovers or nobody there wants it.
Eh? I just scheduled. How am I to know if I'm being "shady"?
Certain sites have specific residency restrictions and you can't schedule them w/o a code. Unfortunately, the code sometimes spreads and non-eligible residents end up being able to schedule. This has made the news numerous times. Example: https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/r ... t/2476027/.

For others, I think some might be walk-in but are still intended for some areas that are impacted greatly by COVID and have low vax rates. I believe https://iccnc.org/news/2021/3/29/jv3dj0 ... 83hv1wote8 falls under that. Not being a resident there and taking advantage if there aren't extras can be shady...

There are a bunch of vaccine hunter FB groups and usually folks are pretty careful to point that out if someone posts about one of those. And, usually, people are good about not hosing the people those are intended for.
Well I didn't have any codes; I just went to http://myturn.ca.gov, answered the questions and chose a site that had an available slot for the J&J vaccine. So if there are any external intentions, I wasn't made aware of them. Maybe the supply has opened up enough; there were multiple sites with open appointments. Got one the first time I tried.
I noticed you're still working with polymers.

goldbrick
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:33 pm
Delivery Date: 01 Aug 2017
Leaf Number: 311806
Location: Boulder, CO

Re: COVID-19 aka 2019 (and 2020) Novel Coronavirus

Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:32 pm

I had my second Moderna shot yesterday and felt fine. Feel like :| today. I think I'll go home and rest.

Good luck to everyone trying to find an appointment. Here in CO it seems to still be hit or miss. Like fishing, you just need to keep trying until you're successful.

salyavin
Posts: 323
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:51 pm
Delivery Date: 30 Dec 2019
Leaf Number: 318726
Location: Littleton , CO

Re: COVID-19 aka 2019 (and 2020) Novel Coronavirus

Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:38 pm

Sorry you feel like crap. My wife is afraid of that and wants to wait until summer break from school before she gets hers. I found a number of appointments to the south I had a fair choice in Colorado Springs. Will get my first this Saturday. Some went to Pueblo. I only have time to drive that far on weekends and was too busy last weekend. My second shot will be May 1st. Maybe if I feel like crap they will kick me out of jury duty for May 3rd.

danrjones
Posts: 1041
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:02 am
Delivery Date: 17 Jun 2019
Location: Ridgecrest, CA

Re: COVID-19 aka 2019 (and 2020) Novel Coronavirus

Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:50 pm

goldbrick wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:32 pm
I had my second Moderna shot yesterday and felt fine. Feel like :| today. I think I'll go home and rest.

Good luck to everyone trying to find an appointment. Here in CO it seems to still be hit or miss. Like fishing, you just need to keep trying until you're successful.
I always got hung up in the rocks or weeds, and quit.
Hoping that isn't what happens with the vaccine.
2018 Leaf SV Pearl White with Tech and All Weather, Purchased New on 5/3/19

cwerdna
Posts: 11999
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:31 pm
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: COVID-19 aka 2019 (and 2020) Novel Coronavirus

Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:51 pm

Nubo wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:10 pm
Well I didn't have any codes; I just went to http://myturn.ca.gov, answered the questions and chose a site that had an available slot for the J&J vaccine. So if there are any external intentions, I wasn't made aware of them. Maybe the supply has opened up enough; there were multiple sites with open appointments. Got one the first time I tried.
You're fine then. I answered honestly and today, My Turn still told me no, likely because of my county still restricting to 50+ (https://www.sccgov.org/sites/covid19/Pa ... ublic.aspx).

Some counties like Contra Costa opened it up to 16+ awhile ago (https://cchealth.org/press-releases/202 ... 16plus.php). I don't live nor work there so I can't qualify. Heck, I changed my answer on My Turn to Contra Costa and it still told me no. IIRC, some counties aren't set up correctly on My Turn and you have to go elsewhere to schedule. I think https://www.coronavirus.cchealth.org/get-vaccinated is right for CoCo.

I believe I also went to https://www.sccgov.org/sites/covid19/Pa ... ublic.aspx to check to see if I could schedule an appointment for April 15+ since everyone 16+ is eligible then and it told me no, since I'm not 50+, don't have pre-existing conditions, etc.

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium (former)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium (lease over)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

Return to “Off-Topic”