Las Vegas CES 2020

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mwalsh said:
Not going and would probably boycott anyway, on account of Ivanka Trump being paid to be a keynote. Like she knows the **** about anything other than being vapid.

Wow, more then a little TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) expressed there.
Better get used to it, because he is going to be living rent free in you head until at least 2025. :D

I'm pretty sure he'll be nothing more than a very bad memory after 2020...

leaf16 said:
Better get used to it, because he is going to be living rent free in you head until at least 2025. :D

leaf16 said:

The bankers got TDS because Trump kept defaulting on loans.
Only Deutsche Bank kept giving Trump loans, and that seems to have been Russian Mob Money looking for a laundry.

The students of "Trump University" got TDS because they didn't get any real education... except by being swindled.

You too will get TDS. A matter of time.

Get back to us what that happens, OK?

WetEV said:

Well, this Leaf forum is definitely not the place to have political discussions so after this post will not be replying even when I get TDS. ;)

Most of the country is doing very well under the Trump Economy /Tax Cuts.
I purchased a new Leaf SL+ in April when they came out (Love It) and last month placed a reservation / order for a Ford Mustang Mach-e Limited Edition in Grabber Blue $62,000 list --- will give my grandson the SL+ when the Mach-e is delivered in about Oct.
Just the appreciation alone over the last 2 years in stocks/401K’s will way more then cover the cost of the 2 EV’s.

Consider the possibility that many of the people in places like CA and WA that are so upset/outraged at Trump and National Policies in reality have their own Local and State insane Policies / Decisions to blame for creating dangerous sanctuaries of lawlessness and filth, similar to that in Third World Hell Holes in some areas of their state.

Anyway, Happy New Year and do hope you continue stay in your states and solve many of these problems and I will stay a resident here and work on our own issues.

leaf16 said:
WetEV said:

Well, this Leaf forum is definitely not the place to have political discussions so after this post will not be replying even when I get TDS. ;)
But you will reply with political discussion now. Follow your own suggestions.

Or follow mine. Go away until you have a realistic view of Donald Trump. His lack of morals. His evil. Then come back and talk about him.

As for the economy: $1.05T deficit in good times is going to turn into a horrorshow in bad times. W Bush left office with a $1.4T deficit.

CES used to stand for Consumer Electronics Show but now they (CTA, formerly aka CEA) IIRC claims it "doesn't" stand for anything. More info at https://ces.tech/ and yes... I noticed Ivanka Trump is a keynote speaker currently on the front of that page...

There has been a larger presence by automakers over the years. Previously, North Hall was mostly just aftermarket stuff (e.g. car stereo equipment, radar and laser detector, laser jammers).

On a somewhat related topic to this thread --- The Ford Mustang Mach-E will be coming to the San Diego Int'l Auto Show Jan. 1-5.

I don’t know how to list html links on this forum, so suggest searching:
www.sdautoshow.com if interested.

LeftieBiker said:
Let's not sell Ivanka short. I've never seen a First Lady who can look more murderous so much of the time, and I've seen Pat Nixon.

You don't think she's the first lady, do you?

mwalsh said:
Not going and would probably boycott anyway, on account of Ivanka Trump being paid to be a keynote. Like she knows the **** about anything other than being vapid.
I found the press release and what she'll be talking about: https://ces.tech/News/Press-Releases/CES-Press-Release.aspx?NodeID=cfafff39-4459-4530-929f-1705be2e4383. I'm sure she's an "expert" on that subject. ;)

Not boycotting the show myself though.

CES boss defends Ivanka Trump’s upcoming keynote speech amid backlash
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/06/ivanka-trump-keynote-defended-by-ces-chief.html -- apparently others have called for a boycott, so it's not just mwalsh

As I posted in another forum:

-- begin --
There were quite a few EVs/PHEVs on display at CES 2020.

I saw the Ford Mach-E, Byton (M-Byte?), Fisker Ocean, Paccar electric trucks (https://www.paccar.com/news/current-news/2020/paccar-displays-innovative-autonomous-and-electric-trucks-at-ces-2020/) and some plug-ins (PHEVs?) at FCA.

This is besides a Harley Livewire e-motorcycle, Audi eTron, Mercedes EQC (which I confirmed is delayed for the US until 2021), gen 2 Leaf, Nissan Ariya Concept and a eNV-200 (still not coming to the US, it seems) used to serve ice cream.

While I was at the Fisker booth, I saw Henrik Fisker talking to some folks. I asked a worker in the booth to confirm it was him.
-- end --

Also, there was Rivian's truck inside Amazon's booth and Sony's (!) concept EV.

Back