Do We Want "Sticky" Topics?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeftieBiker

Staff member
Before I became a Moderator I was one of those here clamoring for some topics (like my own Leaf Shopping, Tips & Tricks, and 2018 Leaf Cold Weather Package warning) to be made "sticky" - to remain at the top of topic lists even with no new posts so that they are seen by new site visitors. Well, I see that this is actually pretty easy to do. There is some concern among the other Mods about topics getting stale but still staying on top, but no actual objection to the idea. So I'm putting the question to the site: do we want a few sticky topics? If so, which ones? I think only topics recommended by others should be offered, and should get either unanimous or overwhelming support here to Get Sticky. I'm going to bed now, but I'll be back later this afternoon to participate.

joeriv said:
Create a new topic that people can access about this question.

That gives me an idea. Rather than have a bunch of sticky topics, maybe make just two or three, each with links to existing topics. I could make one linked to my educational FAQ type posts, one linking to the LeafSpy and battery topics, and one with other links, maybe to common Leaf problems...

Here is my thinking so far: we will likely want a sticky topic for new & used Leaf shopping. We will want one for LeafSpy topics. We will want one for Tips & Tricks & Mods, and one for common failures and malfunctions. What else?

I think it would be a good idea. There are several questions asked here repeatedly. I would suggest starting with those. Have a dedicated writer to update them as needed as new information comes in.

LeftieBiker said:
Here is my thinking so far: we will likely want a sticky topic for new & used Leaf shopping. We will want one for LeafSpy topics. We will want one for Tips & Tricks & Mods, and one for common failures and malfunctions. What else?

Lease returns including process to schedule inspection and damage criteria.

DaveinOlyWA said:
LeftieBiker said:

Lease returns including process to schedule inspection and damage criteria.

Leasing in general might be better.

joeriv said:
Rather than a bunch of stickies, is it possible to have one FAQ with links to a number of topics?

Yes, one 'mega sticky' could also work, if organized reasonably well. What to call it? "Useful Links to Topics Commonly Needed"?

joeriv said:
Doesn’t “FAQ” say it all? More descriptive: “Look here first for answers to frequently asked questions”.

Not for newbies, because they don't know what a FAQ is, and also because I want it to come up as the first or second hit in a site search. So the title will be fairly descriptive, and I add search keywords.

Back