Lockable Level 1 charger

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tranhv68

it would be nice if the level 1 supplied charger could somehow be locked to the charge port on the leaf. right now, I use the charger in a public parking garage that has a standard 120V 12 amp outlet. I am always worried that someone will realize these charging cables are worth $400 and steal them. I am thinking about running a 300V 12X3 awg extension cord through a partially open window and keeping the transformer inside the car while it charges. It would definitely work even though the owner's manual clearly states that extension cords should not be used with the chargers. What do you guys think?

Uh, the J1772 nozzle on the supplied EVSE can be locked with a small padlock so it can't be removed from your LEAF's inlet. I think it's even documented in the manual.

Hi, and welcome to the forum. Just a small int-pick.
I do not know what the supplied EVSE is worth, but a replacement will cost close to $1,000.

+1 on the under the hood suggestion. I believe many theifs are mostly interested in the 20 feet of copper wire, and the lock does not prevent wire theft.

Back