Offer darker interior upholstery or leather

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GPowers

This near white upholstery is just nuts. I can not believe it is the ONLY interior color available. And then the engineer that put this very light fabric on all five arm rest must have never driven the car with kids or grand kids. You pull the door closed and you grab the white fabric, not too smart. Mine was soiled in two weeks. imagine what it will look like in a year or two.

Just took the Leaf down to get the upholstery replaced wish it was a manufacture option, not after market.

That's why many people went with the http://www.wetokole.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; covers. You can pick darker colors and it's completely wet washable in place without having to take the covers out.

its a Japanese culture thing.. you are supposed to use gloves when you drive, or at least wash your hands :)

The Japanese are fastidious about personal hygiene :shock:

I would also like to see an option for that metallic green paint in that recent ad, very nice looking and an opportunity for Nissan to make more cash, same thing with leather. Just a few option changes will allow Nissan to position the Leaf in a more upscale market, like GM did with the Volt.

Living in the Piedmont of North Carolina, one can't survive a summer if one's car has black or dark interior and the car spends 5 minutes parked in the sun! I prefer the idea of interior choice, but given that there often is none in cars, I was delighted that Nissan chose a more NC-summer-friendly shade.

Side note: My Prius has the interior color featured at http://blogs.insideline.com/roadtests/2010/06/2004-toyota-prius-how-long-should-a-seat-last.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and http://blogs.insideline.com/roadtests/2010/11/2004-toyota-prius-deal-breaker-no-more.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. I don't recall if there were darker interior choices available at the time, but I didn't think of this when I bought mine... oh well.

Lighter color is fine for reducing heat levels but then they should have used a more grease resistant fabric or just leather. Simple.

It only took one trip with the Doberman in the car to conclude that the factory seat covers were not going to meet my needs.

I love the wetokole covers I bought, and they installed them for me at their facility in Costa Mesa. If you are in Socal, and are driving at the end of your range, there is very convenient charging at the IKEA store a few blocks away.

Not only are they easy to clean, but the neoprene adds a layer of padding that makes the seats very comfortable.

Aeolus said:
It only took one trip with the Doberman in the car to conclude that the factory seat covers were not going to meet my needs.

I love the wetokole covers I bought, and they installed them for me at their facility in Costa Mesa. If you are in Socal, and are driving at the end of your range, there is very convenient charging at the IKEA store a few blocks away.

Not only are they easy to clean, but the neoprene adds a layer of padding that makes the seats very comfortable.
I took your advise and went to their website to order the covers, but I am confused as to how to select the correct variation for the rear seats. You have a choice of 60/40 split bench, but since it is a hatchback, only the backrests are actually split. I would also like to get a piping color that would either match the ocean blue exterior or offer a nice contrast, but alas- they have none that I could identify.

Is there a particular configuration for the Leaf?

The dashboard needs to be a darker, matte color. There is too much glare on the windshield when the sun is in the right position to reflect off of the dash.

Back