Missing phone alert

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tps

Once in a great while, I drive home and leave my cellular phone on my desk at the office. I caught myself once when I tried to use the LEAF's Bluetooth Audio, but last night I was listening to XM on the way home. Maybe it would be possible to add an option to the Bluetooth menu on the LEAF to generate a warning when turning the LEAF on and it can't make a Bluetooth connection to the phone.

You can buy a Bluetooth phone leash. You keep it on your keychain and it alarms of your phone goes out of range.

An interesting solution, it has advantages and disadvantages. An advantage is that a leash is independent of the car, which could be an advantage for a person who frequently uses other modes of transportation, such as airplanes, train, etc. But I don't, at least for now.

The biggest disadvantage is that the leash is one more device which has to be charged periodically; if it's part of the car, well, the car already gets charged periodically.

Don't know what gotchas there I might uncover with how the leash might affect the Bluetooth connection with the car's hands free phone.

In the end, I think a separate Bluetooth leash would cumulatively be a lot of work (as in another device to keep charged) to fix a very infrequent problem. The reason for building the alarm into the car is that it would only require me to select the option once, then I'd not worry about it again...

Good idea. IIRC, my Prius puts up a pop-up briefly if it fails to make a connection w/a Bluetooth phone after powering up the car.

Seems like that not that much work to do what the OP's asking for, including the option for an audible warning.

C'mon Nissan, here's another feature you could add to your list of innovations and market.

Back