Get some LEAFs into Car Rental Companies

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phoenix

This is the second time I have the need to rent a LEAF for travel. But none of the car rental companies offer LEAFs (or any other EVs) for rent. As the EV community matures, Nissan (or their dealerships) need to place their EVs in more locations for users, such as airport car rental agencies. I foresee many more trips outside of my home area and no LEAFs to rent.

Phoenix said:
This is the second time I have the need to rent a LEAF for travel. But none of the car rental companies offer LEAFs (or any other EVs) for rent. As the EV community matures, Nissan (or their dealerships) need to place their EVs in more locations for users, such as airport car rental agencies. I foresee many more trips outside of my home area and no LEAFs to rent.

Enterprise car rental in San Diego has the LEAF.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car KEARNY MESA
7993 BALBOA AVENUE
SAN DIEGO, CA 92111-2414
Tel.: (858) 560-9050

I just talked to Kyle, and may have one for you. They can not pick you up from the airport, as that would be against the companies that pay fees to rent cars at the airport. Call him now to schedule this.

Thank you so much for your local input, Tony. Per Mark, Enterprise on Balboa has only one LEAF for rent which is being rented out for another week. So nothing available for me. FYI, rental cost is $69.95 per day plus tax (much higher than gas compacts at $26.94 per day; actually $39 per day with all surcharges added in). Taxi service to their location only within a two mile radius.

Folks, keep clamoring for more options in your EV motoring!

Phoenix said:
Thank you so much for your local input, Tony. Per Mark, Enterprise on Balboa has only one LEAF for rent which is being rented out for another week. So nothing available for me. FYI, rental cost is $69.95 per day plus tax (much higher than gas compacts at $26.94 per day). Taxi service to their location only within a two mile radius.

Folks, keep clamoring for more options in your EV motoring!

Yes, Kyle was going to call the guy to see if he REALLY was going to keep it a week. He is renting it because his EV is broken.

I could probably pick you up at the airport and drop you at Enterprise. Maybe you could make our BBQ on Saturday eve.

Thanks for the invite. Will see if I can delay my flight home. But looks like I will go with the cheaper gas option--easily the least hassle at this point.

Back