ERG4ALL
Delivery Date: 10 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 000404

Wind Deflector

Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:26 am

I would like to see Nissan offer driver and front passenger wind deflectors. These are usually molded plastic and fit to the top of the door window. They allow you to open the window an inch or so for ventilation without a lot of wind noise. This would help to minimize use of the A/C when just good ventilation will do. This could help to increase the range with very little cost.
Reserved 4/20/10, Ocean Blue Ordered SL 9/30/10, ESVE Installed 11/22/10, Delivered March 8th, 2011.

johnr
Delivery Date: 11 May 2011
Leaf Number: 2151

Re: Wind Deflector

Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:04 pm

Good idea for Nissan. But if they don't offer it as an accessory, they are readily available aftermarket.
My trip to Mineral King and the value of regen

Charging stations, electrical adapters, and portable CHAdeMO quick chargers

2011 upgrade: Fossil < Leaf. 2014 upgrade: Leaf < imiev. 2017 upgrade: imiev < tesla. Done upgrading.

Stunt822

Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:34 am

sorry to be a whiner here - but why not just turn fan on, and not A/C? takes very little power. I very much dislike those deflectors, i think thy look ugly. Definitely would not like to see those standard

jstack6
Delivery Date: 28 Sep 2012

Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:29 pm

johnr wrote:Good idea for Nissan. But if they don't offer it as an accessory, they are readily available aftermarket.
Sounds good and simple. I'd go for that option. Fresh air can be nice driving near the coast or an open field.

driveleaf

Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:33 pm

I wonder what effect they have on aerodynamic drag. Suddenly your waving these arms on the side of the car all the time, might be negative on range.

hakalautom

Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:38 pm

johnr wrote:Good idea for Nissan. But if they don't offer it as an accessory, they are readily available aftermarket.
Please post if you find aftermarket wind deflectors for Leaf. I find lots for Versa but not Leaf, and although my dealer says "the Leaf is an electric Versa", Nissan says otherwise, and the window lines do look a bit different. I want these so I don't have to run the energy-hogging AC/defroster in warm damp weather--a frequent condition where I live.

TomT
Delivery Date: 01 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 000360

Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:11 am

Brings up a good point. I've yet to find a way to run just the fan (for either the passenger or windshield) without the heat kicking in if it is cold. I'd like to be able to run just the fan without the AC or Heat coming on. I can turn the temperature all the way down to affect this result with the AC button off, but that seems like a very stupid way to have to do it...

hakalautom wrote:
Please post if you find aftermarket wind deflectors for Leaf. I find lots for Versa but not Leaf, and although my dealer says "the Leaf is an electric Versa", Nissan says otherwise, and the window lines do look a bit different. I want these so I don't have to run the energy-hogging AC/defroster in warm damp weather--a frequent condition where I live.
Leaf SL 2011 to 2016, Volt Premier 2016 to 2019, and now:
2019 Model 3; LR, RWD, FSD, 19" Sport Wheels, silver/black; built 3/17/19, delivered 3/29/19.

hakalautom

Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:58 am

Stunt822 wrote:sorry to be a whiner here - but why not just turn fan on, and not A/C? takes very little power. I very much dislike those deflectors, i think thy look ugly. Definitely would not like to see those standard
I haven't had my Leaf long enough to be sure, but in every other car I've driven, the fan alone cannot keep moisture from condensing inside windows, especially windshield, during a warm, damp rain. A one- or two-inch opening of windows all around does the job, if I keep moving. Wind deflectors keep most of the rain out, even in a cross wind. They are so dorky that Honolulu residents cite them while poking fun at Hilo's rainy weather. I would not want them standard, either.

LKK

Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:48 am

Great idea, if the weather's nice outside I much prefer to drive with the windows down. This idea would work even better on the Volt. If you've driven a Volt you know it is just about impossible to drive it much past 20 mph with the windows down, the buffeting is just awful. During the Volt early test drive I mentioned this to a GM engineer and she said this is a by product of the Volt's low drag coefficient, great for efficiency but it means you always have to be cooped-up with the wi-dows up.

MyLeafyGreen
Delivery Date: 20 Oct 2014

Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:13 pm

Please submit a request to Weather Tech for Wind Deflectors/Door Visors.

They are open to hearing requests from customers.
I and a group of other Nissan Owners
have already submitted a request.
All their products are custom fit.

We just need to submit enough requests.

http://www.weathertech.com/service/prod ... uest-form/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Suggestions for Nissan”