Fix charging start email notification

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pirateaye

For some reason I only get an e-mail when charging stops and not when the charging starts when using a timer. If this is a bug, it should be fixed.

pirateaye said:
For some reason I only get an e-mail when charging stops and not when the charging starts when using a timer. If this is a bug, it should be fixed.
You get the notification when you manually start charging (i.e. from the smartphone app). I think that was their intent, not to give you the e-mail when starting charging via a timer.

Does anyone have a definitive answer on what conditions will generate a "charging start" notification? Having it notify me when I manually start a charge is pretty dumb - if I manually started the charge, wouldn't I already know that I just did that? At work we have multiple chargers and we leave our charge ports open when we park. When someone is done charging, they plug in the next car in line - it would be useful to be able to get a notification when my car starts charging - is there any way to do that?

jkarnes said:
Does anyone have a definitive answer on what conditions will generate a "charging start" notification? Having it notify me when I manually start a charge is pretty dumb - if I manually started the charge, wouldn't I already know that I just did that?

No, not if you did it via CarWings.

However I do agree that not sending a start message when on timer, is a bug especially when the user has explicitly selected to have start-charging messages sent. I personally would like to see the start/end times for all charges and I'm sure lots of other owners would also. AFAIK, this is a day-1 bug. 3 years later it's still a bug.

Back