suggest small light in charging hatch

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlsoaz

I suggest a small low-energy light inside the charging hatch at the front of the car, so that if we have not turned on our garage light we can still see what we're doing to plug in.

Until (if) Nissan does it, do like I and others have done. Pick up a small battery powered stick-on LED light at Lowes, Home Depot, and the like. I expect the battery will last quite a long time, as the light is needed for just a brief second or so.

jlsoaz said:
I suggest a small low-energy light inside the charging hatch at the front of the car, so that if we have not turned on our garage light we can still see what we're doing to plug in.

umm, i believe it was Patrick from Seattle? that beat ya to it by about 19 months or so...

DaveinOlyWA said:
jlsoaz said:

umm, i believe it was Patrick from Seattle? that beat ya to it by about 19 months or so...
Ah, come on. Cut the OP some slack - he just got his car a month ago and a lot of stuff has flowed over the MNL dam since the light was first suggested.

I mean, it is not the first time that a subject has reappeared, is it? ;)

ebill3 said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
jlsoaz said:

Ah, come on. Cut the OP some slack - he just got his car a month ago and a lot of stuff has flowed over the MNL dam since the light was first suggested.

I mean, it is not the first time that a subject has reappeared, is it? ;)

actually any great idea deserves to be repeated!

The LED light that I use attaches magnetically to the
underside of the hatch cover, has a light sensor to
keep it off during the day, and a motion sensor to
activate it when it is dark enough.

It is the Sylvania Motion Sensor Light linked to in
the previous post, I think.

Thanks everyone for the ideas and feedback and discussion.

I liked that someone suggested the possibility of putting light on the charging handle... that would be interesting. Will see about the small attachable LED idea for the hatch.

jlsoaz said:
Thanks everyone for the ideas and feedback and discussion.

I liked that someone suggested the possibility of putting light on the charging handle... that would be interesting. Will see about the small attachable LED idea for the hatch.

having the light on the charging handle only solves the problem when using your EVSE. I have not used it in the dark yet, but we have Blinks that are in the middle of a mostly unlit parking lot. there is light but its not very close nor would it shine into the charging port.

I find that leaving the headlights on auto usually gives me enough time to plug in before the headlights go out. Consider a small AAA-battery light for your keychain. Useful in many other situations.

Back