Official Hyundai Santa Fe PHEV topic

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRA

2022 Hyundai Santa Fe Plug-In Hybrid rated at 31 electric miles, 33 MPG

https://www.greencarreports.com/new...g-in-hybrid-rated-at-31-electric-miles-33-mpg

. . . First spotted by Hyundai Blog, the figures include a 31-mile electric range with an efficiency rating of 76 MPGe combined, and gas mileage of 33 mpg combined in hybrid mode.

The Santa Fe beats the 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV in electric range, efficiency, and gas mileage, but lags behind the 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime in all three metrics.

That means the Hyundai will have fairly good numbers for a mainstream plug-in hybrid crossover when it launches. A redesigned version of the Outlander is expected soon, however, while a promised plug-in hybrid version of the Ford Escape has been subject to delays.

Hyundai hasn't released detailed specifications for the U.S.-market Santa Fe Plug-In Hybrid, but the European-market version follows the same pattern as other recent Hyundai plug-in hybrids, using the internal-combustion engine from the companion hybrid model with a larger battery pack and more powerful electric motor. . . .

Meh, beating the current Mitsu Outlander doesn't take that much to do, although I'm sure it will be more modern than the current Outlander, TBD compared to the new Outlander......if we ever get it here on this side of the pond. Also if it follows current Hyundai PHEVs it won't have an electric heater, ICE only for heat which puts it squarely at the bottom of my list. Nope, so far nothing beats the Rav4 PHEV I have on order, due in what 16 months now :( Oh and the Rav4 Prime has a very efficient heat pump heater, very nice for a vehicle with a relatively short EV range, compared to EVs that is.

^^^ Agreed, but more choice is always a good idea, especially in the most popular category of vehicles, and maybe it will come in a fair amount cheaper than the RAV4 Prime. The Santa Fe's bigger than I want (the Tucson's right in my wheelhouse, and all the other 'compact' CUVs exceed my desired <=180" L), but there will be people who want 3 rows. It just pisses me off that something very similar to these cars wasn't available in 2016 - now, I'm going to wait for a ZEV.

One other thing, if this really gets 33 mpg combined, I'd expect the smaller, lighter Tucson to get 35 or hopefully more. Of course, without more info on the Santa Fe PHEV's powertrain we may be comparing dollars to donuts.

Back