Cadillac Lyriq

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danrjones

Seems like the luxury EVs just keep coming.

100 kWh battery, 300+ miles of range, $59.9k, out sometime next year as a 2023.

Out of my price range. But still, think of what this would have cost just 10 years ago?

my23-lyric-design-exterior-l-v2.jpg

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a36180883/2023-cadillac-lyriq-details-specs/

Legacy manufacturers put their new-fangled drivetrains into the luxury line when it would be a money loser in a more modest car. That is fine so far as it goes, but how likely are fuddy-duddy Cadillac buyers to buy an EV ? The prior incarnation of this GM idea was a miserable failure ala PHEV.

I wish them success, but it seems a long shot to me.

DougWantsALeaf said:
They need to make the Caddy the next Range Rover in terms of cool. Escalade was the last cool Caddy, and even it's popularity is waning.

Yes. There are several market segments (like rich housewives and affluent young Black men) who buy Cadillacs, in addition to the usual old men of both races. They should be the primary targets of promotions for the new EVs.

GM President Mark Reuss was on bloomberg today and said they were leveraging off the Hummer to speed up production of the Lyriq; expected to reduce Cobalt in their batteries by 70%; expect to have variable regen and 1-pedal driving with a 30-inch monitor screen!

I'm not sure the style is my cup of tea, and the rear doesn't appear to have yellow flashers, one of my pet peeves.

But I think it could do well. Not everyone is going to go to tesla. Not everyone likes the super minimalist style, or cares about 0-60 times. Luxury for the sake of luxury customers are out there. This can go for the not quite Mercedes affluent, just regular affluent. Old people who hate Tesla genre too.

GCR:
2023 Cadillac Lyriq starts at $62,990, with estimated 312 miles of range

https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1135875_2023-cadillac-lyriq-price

The first fully electric Cadillac costs $62,990, including the $1,195 destination fee, in single-motor rear-wheel-drive form, or $64,990 in dual-motor all-wheel-drive form. And in RWD form it will deliver an estimated (though not yet official) EPA range of 312 miles.

Those who were eager and waiting when Lyriq reservations opened last year are paying a bit less—$59,990, for a special Debut Edition version that sold out in about 10 minutes. According to dealer sites at the time, it was only offered to 1,500 customers.

There will be a definite performance boost for the AWD version. While the RWD Lyriq delivers a preliminary 340 hp and 325 lb-ft of torque, the AWD Lyriq will deliver at least 500 hp.

Lyriq production started in March, at the former Spring Hill, Tennessee, factory that made Saturn products. The RWD Lyriq is due for first deliveries soon; but according to Cadillac, initial deliveries of the AWD model won’t start until early 2023. Both versions will be open to reservations on May 19.

The 2023 Cadillac Lyriq offers a 12-module, 100-kwh battery pack, with the same large-format pouch cells used in other Ultium vehicles like the GMC Hummer EV—albeit here in a single-layer pack. GM’s heat-pump-based energy recovery system, which should help keep its real-world range and charging numbers more consistent than some other EVs.

Further, Cadillac says that it will be able to charge at up to 190 kw and add up to 76 miles of range in 10 minutes. Level 2 charging is particularly impressive, though. With rates of up to 19.2 kw—given an 80-amp charger, on a requisite 100-amp circuit, if you’re so fortunate for your home setup—the Lyriq can crank in 52 miles of range per hour.

The Lyriq also promises to be exceptionally quiet inside, as it incorporates a next-generation active noise cancellation system. Meanwhile, a so-called Electric Vehicle Sound Enhancement system supplements propulsion sounds—or, we hope, can just be turned off.

In interface, the Lyriq also breaks into new territory for Cadillac, with a vast 33-inch LED display that merges driver information, navigation, and infotainment. An available 19-speaker surround sound system includes headrest speakers. . . .

So this reviewer loved it. Interesting that since i posted this, the Lyriq is now cheaper than the model Y. What is the Y, now 66k?
*IF* the Lyriq still got a tax credit, it might almost be worth the stretch... but alas, even 53k is just way too much. But I really like it. YMMV.

https://electrek.co/2022/06/28/cadillac-lyriq-review/

Most reviewers have been very positive so far. If quality holds up, looks like a winner. Even my wife asked about it, and she isn't really their core demographic. If you compare to 55K EV6s and Ionic5s, really similarly priced in base form.

Back