BMW, Mini recall nearly every PHEV model built in 2020 due to fire risk Owners are being asked not to charge their cars

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRA

ABG:
Owners are being asked not to charge their car, among other things

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/10/16/bmi-mini-phev-recall-fire-risk/

. . . The list of cars affected by this voluntary recall includes 2020 and 2021 examples of the 530e, the X3 xDrive30e, and the Mini Countryman SE, coupe and convertible variants of the 2020 i8, as well as the 330e (pictured), the 745Le xDrive, and the X5 xDrive45e from the 2021 model year. All are equipped with a lithium-ion battery pack whose cells might have been contaminated by debris during the manufacturing process, according to a recall notice issued by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). . . .

Engineers are currently developing a remedy to the problem. Until a solution is found, BMW is asking owners of affected cars not to charge the battery pack, not to drive in manual mode, not to engage sport mode, and not to use the shift paddles. It expects to begin fixing cars affected by the recall on November 23, 2020. . . .

Back