2020 Consumer Reports Auto Issue

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bouldergramp

"Consumer Reports 10 Top Picks
$45,000-$55,000
Tesla MODEL 3 ELECTRIC CAR The Model 3 proves that EVs can challenge conventional upscale sedans by offering invigorating performance with a high-tech vibe. It boasts rapid acceleration that’s delivered in near silence, with instant passing power available at any speed and enough thrust to push the driver back into the seat. The car’s superb handling and quick, precise steering help it feel like a sports car. The Model 3 has excellent visibility and a stark interior dominated by a floating 15-inch touch screen that governs many controls. Its impressive road performance is diminished only by the stiff ride and notable wind noise. But its long range of 250 to 330 miles (depending on the version) and green credentials offset those drawbacks.
OVERALL SCORE 80
ROAD TEST SCORE 82
RANGE IN MILES 250- 330"

I believe that there are better options than the Leaf in that segment...

LeftieBiker said:
What did they choose below $45K? The second generation Leaf should be in that slot as the comfortable, reliable local-use EV.

Such as? Aside from the difficulty in most places of actually procuring a Hyundai EV*, you have to get their top of the line versions to get features that are either included or affordable options on the Leaf.

* It isn't just limited stock. Hyundai dealerships, at least in my region, seem to be even sleazier than Nissan dealerships.

Back