Titanium48
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:33 am
Delivery Date: 25 Jan 2019
Location: Edmonton, AB

Re: Official Ford Mustang Mach-E BECUV topic

Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:25 pm

My point is that efficiency is important. The longer you can go on a given amount of energy, the less of a problem that inferior charging infrastructure becomes.
2016 SL

leaf16
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:50 am
Delivery Date: 19 Mar 2016
Leaf Number: 305317
Location: Sioux Falls, SD

Re: Official Ford Mustang Mach-E BECUV topic

Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:33 pm

As much as I Love my 2019 SL Plus , I just placed a reservation for the Mustang Mach-E.
Really like the design especially the interior setup.

Ordered the Premium 98.8 KWH (300 Mile) model --- looking forward to it’s arrival.
2016 Leaf SV Pearl White
2019 Leaf SL Plus Silver Metallic
2020 Mustang Mach-E First Edition Grabber Blue Reservation -- Hoping for Oct delivery

GRA
Posts: 11957
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:49 pm
Location: East side of San Francisco Bay

Re: Official Ford Mustang Mach-E BECUV topic

Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:54 pm

webb14leafs wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:16 pm
Daklein wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:46 am
They need the Bullitt edition in green.
Hell. Yes.

OT. If you've got just a teensy bit more loose change, you might opt for this instead:
McQueen-driven, original Bullitt Mustang will head to auction
This is the exact hero car used to film Bullitt, and Steve McQueen drove it.
https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/mcqu ... g-auction/

. . . At the 2018 North American International Auto Show in Detroit, Ford presented the original Bullitt Mustang, the same car seen here, alongside its 2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt special edition. The whole production helped celebrate the film's 50th anniversary. The current owner inherited the car from his father, and so the story goes, McQueen himself tried to persuade the original owner to sell it to him. That never happened.

At the time of its presentation to the public, auto enthusiast site Hagerty took a closer look at the totally unrestored Bullitt Mustang and ventured the car is probably worth around $4 million. That's when the current owner said it wasn't for sale. Knowing it's up for grabs, I can easily imagine a bidding war brewing. We'll know how much the car is worth to collectors when Mecum Kissimmee kicks off Jan. 2, 2020.

Start digging in between those sofa cushions for change. :lol:

For Blue Bloods fans:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5037530/me ... till_frame
Henry Reagan:

"Best Christmas card photo ever."


Back on topic, I like most of what Ford did here, although I'd want a ER AWD without the pano roof (which isn't available), the car's too expensive and at least six inches too long for my needs (186" length) and the AWD version's short on range, but it will definitely give the Model Y a run for its money, especially with Ford having the full credit. I like the regular dash, the L2 charging speed's (48A) good and QC's decent, and Ford's including a portable 240V/32A EVSE in the car.


ABG has interior and exterior views showing the color options for all the various trims: https://www.autoblog.com/2019/11/18/for ... de-2186767
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

danrjones
Posts: 662
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:02 am
Delivery Date: 17 Jun 2019
Location: Ridgecrest, CA

Re: Official Ford Mustang Mach-E BECUV topic

Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:59 pm

It is an interesting vehicle but with a price tag above where I would want to be. If i read through their spec sheets, to even get heated seats you are at 50 something grand before rebates. And it does not appear any of the variants have a hybrid heater to save battery nor ventilated seats.

I also think Tesla will be into the 400 mile ranges soon - probably next year with model S.

While getting my leaf serviced last weekend I looked at a kia niro ev next door, and its very nice. Its not nearly as sporty as the ford but it does have some features the ford does not, and for less money. The kia is still MSRP of 45k but I am wondering how far below MSRP they might go.

Same with the ford - those are MSRP pricing. Are folks that are going to get one negotiate a lower price?
When I got my leaf, the dealer clearly had a lot of room to negotiate as they had already marked it well below MSRP.
2018 Leaf SV Pearl White with Tech and All Weather, Purchased New on 5/3/19

LeftieBiker
Moderator
Posts: 14905
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 3:17 am
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018
Location: Upstate New York, US

Re: Official Ford Mustang Mach-E BECUV topic

Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:29 pm

The Ford will be selling above invoice for quite a while - at least the higher trim levels.

I'm guessing no heated steering wheel, then..?
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

GRA
Posts: 11957
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:49 pm
Location: East side of San Francisco Bay

Re: Official Ford Mustang Mach-E BECUV topic

Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:18 pm

Per Ford's configure page, the Premium has:
Heated First Row Seats
Heated Steering Wheel
I imagine the options list will add rear heated seats at some point as they get closer to production release, and may offer them and the heated wheel on other trims.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

webb14leafs
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:43 am
Delivery Date: 27 Mar 2017

Re: Official Ford Mustang Mach-E BECUV topic

Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:43 am

I think the price is actually reasonable from a relative standpoint. The Kona is still selling (where available) for around $40K, and the Leaf+ was selling for $42K until a month or so ago. Yes it's expensive, but any new car is too expensive. My wife wants a Rav4 Hybrid, and the total cost of ownership for that car would exceed the Mach E (assuming it doesn't need a ton of unplanned maintenance).

LeftieBiker
Moderator
Posts: 14905
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 3:17 am
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018
Location: Upstate New York, US

Re: Official Ford Mustang Mach-E BECUV topic

Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:13 am

GRA wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:18 pm
Per Ford's configure page, the Premium has:
Heated First Row Seats
Heated Steering Wheel
I imagine the options list will add rear heated seats at some point as they get closer to production release, and may offer them and the heated wheel on other trims.

Then if someone gives me one, I will likely keep it.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

danrjones
Posts: 662
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:02 am
Delivery Date: 17 Jun 2019
Location: Ridgecrest, CA

Re: Official Ford Mustang Mach-E BECUV topic

Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:39 am

webb14leafs wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:43 am
I think the price is actually reasonable from a relative standpoint. The Kona is still selling (where available) for around $40K, and the Leaf+ was selling for $42K until a month or so ago. Yes it's expensive, but any new car is too expensive. My wife wants a Rav4 Hybrid, and the total cost of ownership for that car would exceed the Mach E (assuming it doesn't need a ton of unplanned maintenance).
I was thinking of replacing our outback with a plugin Rav4 hybrid coming this next year. But CA changed the rebate to a minimum of 35 miles for a plugin hybrid to qualify, and based on the current Prius prime, I don't think it will have enough miles. TBD

That's true about the costs. As I was saying, I like the Niro eV but since the cars are sitting around on the dealers lots, that must mean they are not negotiating much. Still, paying 50k to get heated seats is a bit too much. Maybe you guys are right and that will be an option on the lower trims.

I'd want the CA edition, assuming I could afford it - which I cannot - and it wasn't listed with heated seats.
2018 Leaf SV Pearl White with Tech and All Weather, Purchased New on 5/3/19

webb14leafs
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:43 am
Delivery Date: 27 Mar 2017

Re: Official Ford Mustang Mach-E BECUV topic

Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:14 am

danrjones wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:39 am
webb14leafs wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:43 am
I think the price is actually reasonable from a relative standpoint. The Kona is still selling (where available) for around $40K, and the Leaf+ was selling for $42K until a month or so ago. Yes it's expensive, but any new car is too expensive. My wife wants a Rav4 Hybrid, and the total cost of ownership for that car would exceed the Mach E (assuming it doesn't need a ton of unplanned maintenance).
I was thinking of replacing our outback with a plugin Rav4 hybrid coming this next year. But CA changed the rebate to a minimum of 35 miles for a plugin hybrid to qualify, and based on the current Prius prime, I don't think it will have enough miles. TBD

That's true about the costs. As I was saying, I like the Niro eV but since the cars are sitting around on the dealers lots, that must mean they are not negotiating much. Still, paying 50k to get heated seats is a bit too much. Maybe you guys are right and that will be an option on the lower trims.

I'd want the CA edition, assuming I could afford it - which I cannot - and it wasn't listed with heated seats.
I would think it would be a no-brainer in CA. Don't you get an extra $4K for EVs? Or is it only $2500?

Take almost $12K off the MSRP of a car that likely saves you over $200 in gas/month. Brings the total cost of ownership down to the level of a carolla. Californians (I used to be one) typically have long commutes and expensive gas.

Return to “Other Electric Cars & Plug-In Hybrids”