https://insideevs.com/news/402992/tesla ... ze-weight/
Tesla Model Y Length, Width, Height, Weight, Off-Road Features Emerge
Here are the dimensions of the Tesla Model Y:
- Exterior Dimensions:
Overall Length: 187 in or 4,750 mm
* Overall Width including mirrors: 83.8 in or 2,129 mm
* Overall Width including folded mirrors: 77.9 in or 1,978 mm
* Overall Width excluding mirrors: 75.6 in or 1,921 mm
Overall Height: 64 in or 1,624 mm. . . .
And here are the various weights for the Model Y:
- Curb Weight* Long Range Battery, Dual Motor: 4,416 lbs or 2,003 kg
GVWR** Long Range Battery, Dual Motor: 5,302 lbs or 2,405 kg
Gross Vehicle Weight Distribution - Dual Motor: Front 46% and Rear 54%
Gross Axle Weight Rating - Front 20" Wheels: 3,005 lbs or 1,363 kg
Gross Axle Weight Rating - Rear 20" Wheels: 3,307 lbs or 1500 kg
*Curb Weight = weight of the vehicle with correct fluid levels, no occupants and no cargo
**GVWR = Gross Vehicle Weight Rating. . . .
Moving on to some newly confirmed features, the Model Y comes with what's called Off-Road Assist. This selectable feature does the following:
- "Adjusts traction control to optimize performance off-road. Some Autopilot safety features such as Automatic Emergency Braking and Lane Departure Avoidance features are not available when Off-Road Assist is enabled."
Last, but not least, a new image confirms that the Model Y will have a power liftgate with a height of opening that's customizable.
As expected from the early info that they were including a 3rd row option, it's far longer and wider than I need or want even if I were willing to pay that much for any car, but for those who are interested, enjoy.