Test drove a Dual Motor Long Range today. Pretty great car, but a couple things really annoyed me:
- Acceleration was not as fast from a full stop as the 3. There's a weird little half-second of delay
- Rearview window is so small it was essentially unusable, side mirrors are also tiny. Blind spots are huge! Couldn't trust AP cameras, kept having to look over my shoulder
- Networking didn't work, apparently getting satellite maps costs $10/month?
- Seat lumbar support cushion/balloon was super annoying, way too big (and I let it shrink to its minimum size for a whole minute)
- AC is super loud yet it doesn't go to 11
- Lots of skittery wind noise around 70 mph
- Seating position is just like a minivan, but it drives like a sportscar.
- Lane departure warning seems to wear itself out after one event
- Bumper paint color didn't match the rest of the car. Most of the cars in the lot had little bits of crud stuck between the panels
- I don't quite believe the "316 mile range" figure given that I burned 28 miles of range in ~12 miles of highway and mountain driving
- Way too fast overall. Just overkill.
Conclusion: would not personally buy, but it's within 0.1 dB of what the American public wants in almost every dimension.