GRA

GCC: General Motors reveals two eBikes, running crowdsourcing campaign for brand naming

Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:26 pm

https://www.greencarcongress.com/2018/1 ... ebike.html
GM has revealed two connected eBikes—one folding and one compact—without a brand.

GM is asking enthusiasts from around the globe to help name the eBike brand using www.eBikeBrandChallenge.com. The challenge participant responsible for the selected eBike brand name will receive $10,000 and nine other participants responsible for runner-up submissions will each receive $1,000. . . .

Consumers can visit eBikeBrandChallenge.com to submit their ideas through 10 a.m. EST Monday 26 Nov. Winners will be announced early in 2019.
There's a couple of photos, apparently one of each type. I think they look quite nice, although a rack and baskets/panniers would need to be added.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018

Re: GCC: General Motors reveals two eBikes, running crowdsourcing campaign for brand naming

Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:21 pm

Not terrible. Without any suspension, though, it needs at least an adjustable suspension seatpost. The front wheel folds backwards into the inside bottom of the frame arch? I hope that latch mechanism is VERY strong. Agreed on the need for storage.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

GRA

Re: GCC: General Motors reveals two eBikes, running crowdsourcing campaign for brand naming

Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:53 pm

LeftieBiker wrote:Not terrible. Without any suspension, though, it needs at least an adjustable suspension seatpost. The front wheel folds backwards into the inside bottom of the frame arch? I hope that latch mechanism is VERY strong. Agreed on the need for storage.
There's a better photo of the folded bike here, although I'm still trying to figure out whether it swings sideways or back: https://www.greencarreports.com/news/11 ... th-contest
Not sure about the need for any suspension, given the (small but) wide and presumably fairly low-pressure tires.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018

Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:11 pm

That's a pretty radical fold! Those tires can carry a large adult's weight, or they can provide minimal suspension, but not both. If it uses a standard seat tube, a suspension post can be added by the buyer. Otherwise they should include one.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

Return to “Other Electric Cars & Plug-In Hybrids”