LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018

Re: TSLA corporate outlook

Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:13 pm

It's a cultural (video game) reference, Gale. Also a pun.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:03 am

It's in reference to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_your_ ... long_to_us.

The verbiage under Origins at https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/all-your ... long-to-us looks right. Early 2000's sounds about right. I think I first saw it on FiringSquad.com (when it looked like https://web.archive.org/web/20000306094 ... squad.com/) or AnandTech. People were like, WTH? Did the site get hacked.

The video under Spread looks about right complete w/the poorly localized video game + photos afterward.

At the time, I had no idea where all that came from and a guy at work told me how it came from the poorly localized game Zero Wing. Part of "localizing" software for a given region can at minimum be translating all the text into another language.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk%3AAl ... /Archive_1 is correct about:
The TiVo personal video recorder says "All your tuners are belong: to US!" in the System Information display if backdoors are enabled and ChanDown is pressed many times.
I had the correct models of TiVo when the backdoor codes were known and I had them enabled.

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium (lease over)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:57 pm

Here we go, TIL All Your Base is available at https://archive.org/details/flash_allyourbase. Make sure your speakers are turned on.

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium (lease over)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018

Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:25 pm

Heh! Thanks. First time I've seen and heard the source material.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

GRA

Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:06 am

GCR:
Electric-car rivalry heats up: Just 4% of Tesla shoppers will only choose the brand, survey finds
https://www.greencarreports.com/news/11 ... rvey-finds

Not great news for the corporation, but excellent news for PEVs generally, and in line with the goal Elon expressed way back when. The competition should also force Tesla to get serious about QC.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

danrjones
Delivery Date: 17 Jun 2019

Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:21 am

TSLA and their outlook reminds me of a tour I once did of a defense contractor years back down in San Diego. After touring their facility and seeing all the defense contracts they had, one of the reps then asked us if we could guess the parents companies most profitable item.

It was pizza boxes.

Just like spaceX, even with reusable rockets and all the ground breaking launch tech they are working on, Starlink - internet service - could end up being far more profitable.

So I wouldn't be totally shocked if down the road, Tesla's biggest money maker isn't even cars. It could be batteries, it could be energy storage, it could be as a grid power provider from their storage, robo-taxies, or something I haven't even thought of.
2018 Leaf SV Pearl White with Tech and All Weather, Purchased New on 5/3/19

GRA

Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:39 pm

danrjones wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:21 am
TSLA and their outlook reminds me of a tour I once did of a defense contractor years back down in San Diego. After touring their facility and seeing all the defense contracts they had, one of the reps then asked us if we could guess the parents companies most profitable item.

It was pizza boxes.

Just like spaceX, even with reusable rockets and all the ground breaking launch tech they are working on, Starlink - internet service - could end up being far more profitable.

So I wouldn't be totally shocked if down the road, Tesla's biggest money maker isn't even cars. It could be batteries, it could be energy storage, it could be as a grid power provider from their storage, robo-taxies, or something I haven't even thought of.

https://youtu.be/Dug-G9xVdVs :D

(Probably dating myself).
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

dgpcolorado
Delivery Date: 15 Dec 2011

Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:13 pm

GRA wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:06 am

Not great news for the corporation, but excellent news for PEVs generally, and in line with the goal Elon expressed way back when.
Yes. This is often overlooked: Tesla wants EVs to displace ICE cars, regardless of who makes them.
The competition should also force Tesla to get serious about QC.
"Should," I'll believe it when I see it. Tesla has a way to go to match the QC of other automakers.

Also, the lack of independent service options is a problem for the service experience — the closed ecosystem integration between software and hardware, and the single source for major parts, makes independent service very difficult for Tesla cars. With other brands, if you don't like the service at a dealer you can go to an independent car repair shop.

By contrast, the Supercharger network is a major plus for Tesla, at least for people who want cars that can easily do road trips, as opposed to just serve as local/regional cars. Trying to do road trips with the mish-mash of CCS DCFC stations is a PITA by comparison to the seamless Tesla Supercharger experience.

It will be interesting to see how things shake out over the next few years.
Blue 2012 SV Dec 2011 to Feb 2016
CPO 2014 Tesla S60 Mar 2016
One car, no ICE, at last!

jlv
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2014
Leaf Number: 424487

Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:35 am

I moved all the Mars discussion to new thread, since it's of topic for discussion of Tesla.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=32009
ICE free since '18 / 100K+ 100% BEV miles since '14
LEAF '13 SL (mfg 12/13, leased 4/14, bought 5/17, sold 11/18, 34K mi, AHr 58, SOH 87%)
Tesla S 75D (3/17, 46K mi)
Tesla X 100D (12/18, 26K mi)
8.9kW Solar PV and 2x Powerwall

Return to “Other Electric Cars & Plug-In Hybrids”