Official Tesla Model Y Thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Strange this thread has been dead for so long.

Tesla now offers a $43,990 rear-wheel drive Model Y in the US
It's the most affordable Model Y option.
https://www.engadget.com/tesla-now-offers-a-43990-rear-wheel-drive-model-y-in-the-us-055515210.html

I checked and it seems to be $43,990 + $1,390 dest fee and before any tax credit.

cwerdna said:
Strange this thread has been dead for so long.

Tesla now offers a $43,990 rear-wheel drive Model Y in the US
It's the most affordable Model Y option.
https://www.engadget.com/tesla-now-offers-a-43990-rear-wheel-drive-model-y-in-the-us-055515210.html

I checked and it seems to be $43,990 + $1,390 dest fee and before any tax credit.

Agreed, even the Long Range with its higher price is hard to beat. We ended up with an ID4 last December, and at that time it was a decent value. But after that Tesla prices crashed... and no matter how much I dislike Elon, or the overly sparse controls inside Tesla's - there can be no real doubt, it is the vehicle to get. When you include access to their charging network, there is just nothing else that comes close. EA continues to basically suck in my area. *IF* the EA stations are up, then they are de-rated. And "future" opening of Tesla to NACs has been overblown for the CCS vehicles, because Tesla HAS NOT promised to open all the stations. Just some. I keep watching for new CCS stations to have groundbreaking(s) along US395, I-40, and they just aren't coming. EA has had a "coming soon" in Lone Pine for nearly a year, and in fact, on their own EA website its now gone. Along the routes I care about, only Rivian and Tesla have done anything new.

My wife and I already agreed to look at the 2024 or 2025 model Y as a trade for our iD4 in a year or two.

Its too bad, I actually like our 2023 ID4. I think it looks a lot ncier than model Y, thogh the upcoming 2024 refresh project XYZ should help a bit... but I'd still take the ID4 style any day over the model Y. But overall value goes hands down to Y.

Back