Used 2013 for my wife's commute?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your SOH is a little better than mine. If you keep the temp to 6 bars and less most of the time, I'd expect it to go more than another year before losing a bar. Mine was 89% last Fall, and was still at 89% a few weeks ago, after a trip in Hot weather - 93F.

RedBeard4Beer said:
So, how'd I do? Adamantly, I probably bought a little too quickly and hadn't quite done enough reading on leafspy.
2013 Leaf SV
Manufactured 6/2013
26,000 miles
No battery bar loss.

Leaf spy screenshots:
SOC is 96.2% even though the car said 100% is that normal?
http://imgur.com/a/rrXwT

The QC number was 49 when I first looked at it. A little higher than I'd like but who knows how many of those were done at the dealer over the past couple months while it was on the lot.

Price was just over $13,000 before tax, title, etc. There was another one for closer to $12k, but it was much farther away and my wife didn't like the color. :roll:

Edit: Can has been registered in Washington it's whole life.

You did well.

Your battery readings are better than the ones from my 2015. Mine has been relatively steady since November 2015.
AHr varying between 57.99 to 58.08
SOH varying between 95% to a low of 93% and back to 95%
GIDS about 276 when fully charged.
Hx vary Between, 89.62% and 91.01%

Does anybody have recommendations for efficiency monitoring? The car wings app has some good info in it, but h didn't they randomly stop caterings a while back? Was that just to update it to Nissan connect? Do you think it will randomly kick the bucket again in the future?

Since my wife will be driving it the most, leaf spy isn't the answer since I assume you must be connected via Bluetooth to log the data.

RedBeard4Beer said:
Does anybody have recommendations for efficiency monitoring? The car wings app has some good info in it, but h didn't they randomly stop caterings a while back? Was that just to update it to Nissan connect? Do you think it will randomly kick the bucket again in the future?

Since my wife will be driving it the most, leaf spy isn't the answer since I assume you must be connected via Bluetooth to log the data.

CarWings, which is now NissanConnectEV, relies on the AT&T 2G service for communication (except for 2016 and newer models). AT&T announced, a long time ago, that 2G service will go dark by December 31, 2016. It has been reported that it is already turned off in some areas. Nissan is supposed to be working on an upgrade to overcome this, but no specific details are currently available.

The CarWings service was turned off for about two months while Nissan fixed a security vulnerability.

You'll drive yourself crazy trying to monitor the efficiency of a vehicle you do not drive, and won't have LeafSpy running in all the time. Set the tire pressure around 42psi, teach her methods for efficient driving, and periodically check it using the dash display or the web site. As long as the driver understands and works within the limitations of the vehicle, there shouldn't be any real problems.

Back