SOC-Meter - Documentation

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garygid

My web site:
http://www.wwwsite.com/puzzles/socmeter/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2012 Feb 03:
See the four updated PDFs uploaded today to my web site.
Especially note the new R9a Assembly Instructions (with pictures).

Nice update Gary and appears to be assembly instructions we had for Seattle group build with pictures the instructions were very clear.

the only thing to mention is step 5 on test procedures. we were holding buttons down for a 4 count and releasing and it was not working. we found that must hold buttons down until you see version flash on screen and then release so instructions are a bit vague on that part.

but other than that, device works great, i am having problem with red button sticking. is it ok to shoot some contact cleaner on it?

I finished building my meter yesterday and the new instructions worked well. I too noted the confusion over the firmware version display in the testing step but already knew you had to continue to hold it so it was not an issue for me... The blue filter REALLY works well in sunlight, by the way!

Sticking push-button:
It might be a problem with stickey dirt, etc. on the plunger,
but it could have been from too much heat when being soldered.

If it worked well after being built, and got stickey later, then it might be the "dirt".

Usually, I test the "action/feel" of all of the switches and push buttons when I put them into the kit, before I solder wires onto them, and after the soldering is done and "cold".

If it is a defective push-button, I did send a "spare" with the 10 Kits to Sammamish.

I do not know what one should do for cleaning. I would remove the cap and use a damp (not wet) "quetip"
1. perhaps with one drop of soap in 8 ounces of water, or
2. alcohol

But, I would not spray or drip any liquid down the stem toward the inside of the push button unless it was a last resort before replacing the push-button. Then, I would NOT use water or strong solvent, but perhaps alcohol (no, not what you drink), and dry/blow it out well before applying power.

garygid said:
Sticking push-button:
It might be a problem with stickey dirt, etc. on the plunger,
but it could have been from too much heat when being soldered.

If it worked well after being built, and got stickey later, then it might be the "dirt".

Usually, I test the "action/feel" of all of the switches and push buttons when I put them into the kit, before I solder wires onto them, and after the soldering is done and "cold".

If it is a defective push-button, I did send a "spare" with the 10 Kits to Sammamish.

I do not know what one should do for cleaning. I would remove the cap and use a damp (not wet) "quetip"
1. perhaps with one drop of soap in 8 ounces of water, or
2. alcohol

But, I would not spray or drip any liquid down the stem toward the inside of the push button unless it was a last resort before replacing the push-button. Then, I would NOT use water or strong solvent, but perhaps alcohol (no, not what you drink), and dry/blow it out well before applying power.

ok will avoid sprays for now. i think the contact cleaner is mostly to remove water and such and is rated for electrical components but since there is no real place for it to drain i will refrain.

it is not really a problem right now. if need be i think i can replace it easy enough. i have a TON of junk lying around and pretty sure i can find something that is a near match to it if need be.

Back