potential lease -- good deal?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huskermike

All, I'm a newbie in Nashville, TN. Looking at a potential lease, and would appreciate any feedback as to whether it is a good deal or I should keep shopping.

2015 SV Pearl White with MSRP per dealer of $33,175.

$0 down, monthly payments of $254 for 36 months [all in, no front or back end (disposition) fees, includes taxes, etc.]

TN has state tax incentive of $2,500 which dealer gets under this deal.

Price of $29,465.00

Rebate [dealer gets -- $13,050; I assume this is combo of federal rebate, state rebate, and Nissan money?]

Doc Fee $598

Residual factor .31

Money Factor 0.00003

Really appreciate any thoughts. Thanks, Mike.

huskermike said:
All, I'm a newbie in Nashville, TN. Looking at a potential lease, and would appreciate any feedback as to whether it is a good deal or I should keep shopping.

$0 down, monthly payments of $254 for 36 months [all in, no front or back end (disposition) fees, includes taxes, etc.]

Price of $29,465.00

Rebate [dealer gets -- $13,050; I assume this is combo of federal rebate, state rebate, and Nissan money?]

Doc Fee $598

Residual factor .31

Money Factor 0.00003

The national ad for S trim is $2499 down and $199 per month + tax

Let's say your state rebate is taking care of the down payment. Not sure what the sales tax rate is but let's assume 8%. So that puts the monthly payment of S trim at about $215 and you are getting SV for $254 (incl tax) so it's not really that bad but not that hot a deal either. With the 2016 SVs becoming more available, they may get desperate to get the 2015 SVs out the door. But we haven't seen the "firesale" yet. Try to get it as low as possible by waiting till last week of Dec if possible but you you do run into the risk of them selling out the last remaining cars on the lot.

(I don't care about the residual etc. on this gen of Leaf as I would not buy it down the line. I am strictly looking at out of pocket money per month. You may have a different situation.)

that's exactly my situation in phoenix. I'm probably not going to buy when the lease ends. will probably be onto the next generation at that point. so basically trying to figure if this is a good deal on monthly payment. good advice, thanks.

Not too good :shock:

See http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=21021&hilit=deals#p444797.
They claim they got $242 per month including taxes for 2016 SV in Bay Area with $2,500 down.

Nashville has nine Nissan dealers.
Try them all.
Particularly talk with Justin at Gallatin.
Might get a better deal.

30 kWh pack with better capacity warranty versus 24 kWh with poor capacity warranty is worth a lot.

huskermike said:

Price of $29,465.00

Doc Fee $598

Residual factor .31

Money Factor 0.00003

Dealer also gets the $7500 tax credit, so that price should factor in as $21,965, which should lower the lease amount quite a bit. If the dealer can't use it or take it, the Nissan dealer in Franklin can via direct from Nissan HQ down the road.

TimLee said:
Not too good :shock:

See http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=21021&hilit=deals#p444797.
They claim they got $242 per month including taxes for 2016 SV in Bay Area with $2,500 down.

Nashville has nine Nissan dealers.
Try them all.
Particularly talk with Justin at Gallatin.
Might get a better deal.

30 kWh pack with better capacity warranty versus 24 kWh with poor capacity warranty is worth a lot.
Hard to tell what the story regarding the $242. Here's a post http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20909&start=50#p445300 stating that the dealership denied it and instead referenced $600/mo at some other dealership.

Back