PDM issue causing car to shut down while driving on highway with AC

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badscooter

Hi forum,

Just a new poster who wanted to share my story. I have 2016 Leaf SV, and last year my car started having a major issue. When I drove on the highway and was using the AC, my car would power down and flash a warning sign with a 12-volt battery on it. When I turned the AC off, the sign would go away, and the car would power back on as normal.

I replaced the 12-volt battery, and after a few months, the issue started reoccurring.

I took it to my local Nissan dealer, and they diagnosed it as a PDM issue - when the car was under a heavy load, the PDM wasn't working right and power wasn't going where it needed to. The PDM was replaced under the 5/60k powertrain warranty.

I did some online research and never really found this specific issue, and I wanted to share. I will update this post if the issue reoccurs. Hopefully not. Thanks everyone!

Sorry to necro this thread, but have an update to share with the forum.

The shutdown issue came back again recently, so I took it back to Nissan. They diagnosed codes #B26FC, P0A8F, and B29A0. They found big voltage drops between the body and battery, and fixed the body ground circuits. Voltage readings are now normal, and I will update to see if the issue reoccurs in the future.

The repairs were not covered by the 5/60 powertrain warranty, but Nissan tendered (without much difficulty) a significant good will contribution to the repairs. I'm extremely pleased with Nissan's customer service and the service at Sutherlin Nissan.

Back