Mod the Regen?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Impressive. While "of-interest" (and a great idea to facilitate one-foot-driving), it does sound prohibitively involved for an old Leaf...

Nonetheless, any early indications of approximate range increase with normal driving? E.g. 5%, 10%?

For folks with a nominal "50 Mile Actual" range, another five miles could matter to get to that next charging station! ....Thx for sharing @mux!

The most is big the battery, the most can be grater the regen power. Leaf is heavy than imiev and regen power is higher. Last Leaf have a big battery ad can regen even at 95% SOC. Older Leaf has a small battery and they aren't so able to absorbe the peak power of regen. Sorry for my poor english.

I've got a CAN bridge solution for increased regen, but it's surprisingly more involved than you'd think. You need to integrate a CAN bridge directly at the VCM CAN lines and modify the motor torque messages when regenning. However, the VCM still needs to receive its expected motor torque messages.
any more info on this? I’ve got a 2012 with only 6 bars that won’t regen AT ALL unless it’s under 30mph. given that I live at 2000’ and commute to sea level, i only ever get friction brakes even with low SOC. very interested and don’t care what happens to the battery longevity

Last edited:
Back