ENCINITAS: Downtown group hosts electric auto show May 26

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveEV

ENCINITAS: Downtown group hosts electric auto show

'UNDERGROUND' EVENT TO TRANSPORTATION DEVICES THAT DON'T USE GASOLINE
Hybrid vehicle owners need not apply for participation in the first-ever "underground" alternative transport show hosted by the Downtown Encinitas MainStreet Association.

For this May 26 event, organizers say they just want to showcase vehicles that go gasoline-free, not ones that use both gas and electricity.

"It's not just about the electric cars, we want the bikes and the alternative vehicles too," association program assistant Carris Rhodes said Thursday as she described plans for the rapidly expanding special event.

Set for 5:30 to 7 p.m. May 26, the free celebration of alternative transportation will include everything from BMW officials talking about their new high-end electric vehicle to a transportation documentary shown on a solar powered movie screen.
I'm going to try to make it, but chances are slim to none that my LEAF will be here by then. Hopefully will get to ogle many other EVs!

I am going to try to make it ... in a LEAF.

It is 70 mi RT from a friend's house in San Clemente, 82 RT from a 24/7 L2 at Weseloh Nissan, or about 104 miles RT from my home.

If I go South early, I could L2 for 2 hours at Oceanside Nissan, but the extra 6 miles off 1-5 would only net me 14 miles extra range.

garygid said:
I am going to try to make it ... in a LEAF.

It is 70 mi RT from a friend's house in San Clemente, 82 RT from a 24/7 L2 at Weseloh Nissan, or about 104 miles RT from my home.

If I go South early, I could L2 for 2 hours at Oceanside Nissan, but the extra 6 miles off 1-5 would only net me 14 miles extra range.

Gary...

I leave for Indianapolis the next day, but unless I'm WAY behind on trip preparations (or the idea vets vetoed), I'm going to try and go. You can also use my L2 charger anytime before or after, if you want to get some extra juice home. Just let me know so I can plan for that if necessary.

Thanks fo the kind offer Jimmy,
I will keep in touch.

I went by Mossy Nissan Oceanside today, and now they say that their L2 stations are available 24/7. Even if the main entrance gets closed for some unusual reason, apparently there is another "back" entrance that should be open.

Assuming we take our car down there, there will be a space available in our garage for L2 charging for the duration. And you can walk to the event. The obvious downside is that you wouldn't be able to have your car at the show, but if it will get you home, it's available. Also, it's < 1 mile to the freeway.

I sent an email to the show coordinator offering to bring my car. They responded that they would "Sign (me) up to show my car at the event"....so you might want to send in an email to make sure they have a space. ;)

Bump :)...This is tomorrow. I will be there.

Remember Ecotality will be there as well as some munis and there will be a open Q&A after the panel discussion. Prepare those "questions".....

Questions like (please ask if I am not there):
When will QC stations be operational?
Where will they be located?
Will they require an activation card?
Will they be accessable and work 24/7?
How many will be working 24/7 by year end?
What will it cost to use QC?
What is holding up the QCs installs?
Will you run out of money before 50 different QC locations are installed?
Where will the northern-most QC be located?

Back