Blink bought SemaConnect

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wmcbrine

Existing SemaConnect users will already be aware, but I figured it should be mentioned here:

https://www.wusa9.com/article/tech/science/environment/electric-vehicle-charging-stations-bowie-maryland/65-7d714f1c-92cf-410e-8cce-827b14ad81a7

Around here, until recently, we had lots of SemaConnect stations, and very few Blink.

Received an email about free EV juice starting this weekend. It reads in part:
"SemaConnect Chargers are Moving to the Blink Network!
Friday, June 23rd at 9pm PT the SemaConnect mobile app, and the SemaConnect network will be down while it transitions onto the Blink Charging Network.

In preparation for moving the SemaConnect hardware onto the Blink Network, our normal operations will be unavailable. As a result, you will not be able to use a SemaConnect charger using your SemaConnect member card, the SemaConnect mobile app, a Virtual Network Pass, nor using Plugshare.

During the transition period all chargers will remain operable as plug and charge allowing you to use SemaConnect hardware, for free. No later than Monday, June 26th 6am PT all SemaConnect chargers will be online, now as a part of the Blink Network."

Of course, check Plugshare before going. And, since everyone on SemaConnect got the email, the stations might be busy.

The free juice might end earlier. I received another mail on June 23 saying:
"To thank you for your patience, this weekend, all chargers will remain operable as plug and charge allowing you to still be able to charge using SemaConnect hardware starting tonight at 9pm PT until Saturday, June 24th at 9pm PT. "

Back