2015 Nissan Leaf Model S HALOGEN Headlight Replace? to LED?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenneth0390

I current have 2015 Nissan Leaf Model S with HALOGEN Headlight, there are some Used OEM LED headlight selling on Ebay, if I switch it from HALOGEN to LED, is it perfect fit for plug and play? Is there any Mod need?

Have anyone has idea about will it possible to be done?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/13-14-NISSAN-LEAF-COMPLETE-OEM-XENON-HID-LED-HEADLIGHT-LH-headlamp-head-light-/271670938425?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2014%7CMake%3ANissan%7CModel%3ALeaf&hash=item3f40d98b39&vxp=mtr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I haven't tried the stock LED light assemblies, but aftermarket ones work well. These are the ones I installed:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131120507239?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The trickiest part is that you need to disassemble the plug for the halogen lights and move it OUTSIDE the baffle, then reassemble it. This allows for the ballast box to be outside the baffle, only letting the two smaller wires inside for the LED. I also had to enlarge the size of the hole in the baffle to 1/4" to get the wires through.

Also, you need to use the gasket from the halogen bulbs with the gasket that comes with the bulbs. It's not thick enough by itself. This makes it a little tricky to get the LED mounted correctly, but eventually you'll get there.

If you're quiet and stopped, you can hear the fans on the LEDs when running. It's so quiet that you likely won't hear it most of the time, but it is there.

I want to this same stock retrofit also (from Halogen H13 on my new 2015 to stock Nissan LED assemblies). I'll be watching this thread and post my progress if any..........

The Leaf's main computer might have to be re-programmed to accept the modification- not sure.....

Hi Everyone, I was able to install some 2013 OEM LED headlights on my 2015 Leaf (which came with halogen lights). The housing fits perfectly on the car. I ended up cutting the headlight wire connector and hard wired everything in. I ended up powering the low beams (LED) off of the park light wire, since when the highs are activated the lows turn off on halogen cars. I've ran the lights for a month without any issues. This weekend I'll be installing a headlight relay just to be on the safe side.

Good luck!

Back