TSB NTB14-001b '13 and '14 Leafs: INSUFFICIENT HEATER OUTPUT

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwerdna

I was browsing around at http://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/Knowledgebase/links/783#.U9NYHqPy_68" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and came across this interesting one...

It affects '13 and '14 Leafs if the car has insufficient heat (per spec/test in the TSB). It involves possibly reprogramming the VCM (Vehicle Control Module) and replacing the PTC heater.

Download the PDF for more details. Copy/paste isn't working properly for me from this PDF.

My heat works so well and draws so much power I need to be careful to make sure its not plugged in when I turn it on, because it dims the lights in the entire neighborhood.

DaveInAvl said:
cwerdna said:
Download the PDF for more details.
Joined the site but shows a little "access denied" padlock next to the file :(
Lock? Did you login with the account? I see a lock if I'm not logged in.

If am logged in, there's no lock and there's a 3.5" floppy disk icon to save. Be careful about not accidentally blowing thru your allotment of 2 files a day.

My heater does very little. I've had the thermostat set as high as 25 degrees above ambient, and the air coming out is lukewarm. I'll talk to the dealer when I take the car in for the next service.

-Tal

Mine broke. The dealer took 32 days to repair this item. Today it got cold again and it has the same issue. The car will only get warm if recirculating the air. If drawing from the outside its lukewarm at best and the ambient temp today is only 26F which really isn't that cold. Max temp I got from the dash with temp set to 90 was 118F when drawing from outside air or with defrost on and 140F when recirculating.

The Toyota Rav4EV uses this same heater and it too has heat issues.

Back