Can anyone summarize the different locking/unlocking options available? It would be nice to know all the choices, divided into 4 categories:
1) factory default for the three model years to date
2) changes owners can make themselves (using the 20 second button-holding Ray mentions)
3) changes which must be made by a dealer (using Consult)
4) things only Phil knows how to do
Sort of. First, please refer to the existing MNL short thread on topic at: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=5466&start=10
For part of the specifics, see Ingineer's post in that thread, copied here: http://evseupgrade.com/pic/?leaf-auto-lock1
. This also explains what you can do (not much) and what requires CONSULT (everything else).
These come from the service manuals and have been very helpful. I've also summarized the 6 modes for unlocking alone in that same thread extracted from the 2012 manual, copied here:
...there are actually 6 modes for the unlock function alone. Modes 5 and 6 are for future use, and:
• MODE1: All doors are unlocked when the power supply position is changed from ON to OFF (factory default)
• MODE2: All doors are unlocked when shifting the selector lever from any position other than P to P position
• MODE3: Driver side door is unlocked when the power supply position is changed from ON to OFF
• MODE4: Driver side door is unlocked when shifting the selector lever from any position other than the P to P position
My guess is that anything not in the above fits into your 4th category of stuff only Phil can do.