Leaf : Trims, Features, Accessories, MSRP, Invoice Prices

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read recently that Nissan has a "Cold Weather Package" that they offer apparently as an option with the Leaf. It gives you a heated steering wheel and heated seats. Did any of you guys order this on your Leaf and if so how and when? I assume at the time you submitted the order on-line with Nissan, but I never remember seeing it offered at the time. Or perhaps it comes as a standard option on the SL model? Do any of you have any additional info on the "Cold Weather Package" for the new Leaf?
Leggedo

SL-e, glacier pearl, reserved 5/10/10, ordered 12/10/10, EVSE not installed as of yet, anticipated delivery in May (maybe)

Leggedo said:
I read recently that Nissan has a "Cold Weather Package" that they offer apparently as an option with the Leaf.
Nissan talked about the "Cold Weather Package" last summer and hinted that it could be ordered in 2011 but that never happened, at least in the US. It is listed on Nissan's Japanese site, though (http://ev.nissan.co.jp/LEAF/OPTION/).

My guess is that it won't be available in the US until MY 2012.

According to an electrician at AV (I spoke with him over the phone), the unit can be used in both 208 and 240.
The jumper is to be used with a future daughter card they are planning to add to measure consumption etc.
In the current model (according to AV) the jumper is a no-op.
My unit has the jumper cut, is connected to 240, and works flawlessly (better that its brother Blink which it sits next to).
LEAFer said:
And the AV is also not usable (unless you make an easy mod) on 208V, which it turns out is the supply voltage in many public charge station locations and possibly commercial businesses. The manual indicates that a jumper has to be cut during install, depending on whether the supply is 208 or 240. With some skill you could make that "cut" temporary to lend more flexibility to the unit. But I don't know what happens if you "forget" to set it correctly before plugging it in.

Fabio: Thanks for that info. I will add a post in a more appropriate thread: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=614

Oh, and BTW, your jumper is cut inappropriately :lol:

Has anyone received splash guards in blue, when their LEAF arrived? I read somewhere in MNL that splash guards for Ocean blue will come not painted, but the email Nissan recently sent out showed blue splash guards on a blue LEAF.

ColumbiaRiverGorge said:
Has anyone received splash guards in blue, when their LEAF arrived? I read somewhere in MNL that splash guards for Ocean blue will come not painted, but the email Nissan recently sent out showed blue splash guards on a blue LEAF.

Earlier, they said the blue ones were the only ones not color matched, but a month or so later that changed to all of them are color matched.

Can someone interpret this PDF on leaf specs , its in Japanese:

http://ev.nissan.co.jp/LEAF/SPEC/

if you go to this page you see 2 PDF one for dec 2010 who cares

and the new one as of April 2011

maybe see what it says about battery heater and cold package and such

can google translator do a PDF ??

Im looking at replacing the wheels on the car ..I plan on taking the Leaf to car shows and plan on doing a few changes..Does anyone know if these wheels are mass produced..Im looking for some wheels that have red in them also to match the car..

http://www.otohybrid.com/nissan-leaf-aero-style-concept-for-tokyo-auto-salon/

I bought a LEAF car cover at the dealership. It is from "Covercraft" and is silver outside, fuzzy white inside. LEAF logo on hood area and on storage bag. $230 plus tax. It is a lot bigger out of the shipping box. I stretched it over car by myself, with some difficulty. A clean car is quite slippery. The fit at the side mirror pockets is very tight. The elastic fit under front and rear are OK. Clear window for rear license plate is correct. There is a small clear window for the charging lights behind the windshield. It sticks to the glass if it is warm and glass is clean. A flap for the SL level solar cell panel is fine, but there is no retainer velcro to keep it back when open. Pocket for antenna is okay. The fit at the front for charging door flap is wrong by about 2 to 3 inches. Flap is too high, and pulling cover down against fit at side mirrors won't help. Have to consult with dealership or Covercraft tomorrow about that.
Gregg.

If you are placing orders now, they have added Cold Weather Package to NissanUSA.com website:

cold weather package
$930 MSRP***

if you operate your Nissan LEAF™ in a part of the country that experiences a real winter – with ice, snow, and sub-zero temperatures – we highly recommend the cold weather package. this package includes:
  • battery heater
  • heated front and rear seats
  • heated steering wheel
  • rear seat heat duct
  • heated outside mirrors

They've also added it to the http://www.nissanproduct.info/public.php?modelid=69 page. Now how to find out what the invoice pricing will be on this. I believe this will be a Factory Installed Option.

lyreigto said:
If you are placing orders now, they have added Cold Weather Package to NissanUSA.com website:

cold weather package
$930 MSRP***

if you operate your Nissan LEAF™ in a part of the country that experiences a real winter – with ice, snow, and sub-zero temperatures – we highly recommend the cold weather package. this package includes:
  • battery heater
  • heated front and rear seats
  • heated steering wheel
  • rear seat heat duct
  • heated outside mirrors

They've also added it to the http://www.nissanproduct.info/public.php?modelid=69 page. Now how to find out what the invoice pricing will be on this. I believe this will be a Factory Installed Option.
All right! I'll be installing the heated seats and steering wheel right away. Probably slowly work on installing the others as time and money permit.

I do realize they'll probably tell us that they can't be added to existing vehicles, but in actuality it's probably just labor intensive and they don't want to deal with it. As long as part numbers and service manuals exist, we'll be upgrading! :D

I have discovered that the chome trim on the sides of the car are included in at least the eTEC version I ordered. People who ordered the "trim package" get a decal on the door, a blue shift cover plate and blue accents on the dash equipment. So far no one is too excited about the decal and dealers are already replacing this on request with the chome trim. Bad news is list price $70 EACH. Of course you need two. On the bright side the price is negotiable. Also note that the dealers do not have this in stock so it must be ordered - delivery currently 3 weeks.

electricfuture said:
I have discovered that the chome trim on the sides of the car are included in at least the eTEC version I ordered.
Chrome trim? Do you mean the chrome "Zero Emission" logo? Maybe if you have a picture I can figure out what you're referring to.

Back