Tracking ships !

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard the Mermaid was taken by pirates and they are threatening to throw LEAFs off the ship if forum members do not meet their demands of $5K per car! It was on FOX five minutes ago.

EVDRIVER said:
I heard the Mermaid was taken by pirates and they are threatening to throw LEAFs off the ship if forum members do not meet their demands of $5K per car! It was on FOX five minutes ago.

FOX makes up things all the time and recently a FOX employee even admitted that. Murdock would pocket the $5K from each of us, anyway. He wants to suck our country dry.
:x

Roger Ailes sent a memo to the Fox News staff where every time they mention the LEAF they need to add that it's powered by dirty coal plants.

EVDRIVER said:

They already do such a fine job at presenting faux news, there is really no need.

LEAFer said:
It appears you guys are ready to set up a rival ... "The FAUX News" station :lol:

Fabio said:
Roger Ailes sent a memo to the Fox News staff where every time they mention the LEAF they need to add that it's powered by dirty coal plants.
That memo has been withdrawn. The coal lobby protested.

The HOEGN INCHON is approaching LA for a visit. With all the dashboards starting to come alive with VINs and delivery dates it seems that more LEAFs are coming.

The one ship I am watching now is the ANDROMEDA SPIRIT which is sitting at dock in Oppama. Maybe filling itself with lotsa LEAFs. Waiting to see what its itinierary is when it leaves.

The SUNLIGHT ACE is approaching LA now. Interesting that dashboards are coming to life w/ VIN's and delivery dates just as it is arriving.

Mary C,
what you said about arrival dockside in CA jibes with what Nissan told me.
It takes about 4 weeks from arrival at Port of LB to delivery to customer
and
about four weeks from your delivery date you get a week-of update.
two weeks out, you get a day-of update.

thankyouOB said:
Mary C,
what you said about arrival dockside in CA jibes with what Nissan told me.
It takes about 4 weeks from arrival at Port of LB to delivery to customer
and
about four weeks from your delivery date you get a week-of update.
two weeks out, you get a day-of update.

The actual time from arrival at the port of Long Beach to arrival at a local Nissan dealerships was 12-14 days. Not sure about outside of SoCal but thats how they went in Dec, Jan, Feb. I for one did not get a single email update after my car went missing in Jan. But then I was a "special" case unfortunately.

MaryC said:
It seems to take about 14 days if they come directly from Oppama to LA Harbor.
and the prep time in the Port of Long Beach with Customs clearance, means that it is another 20-28 days from ship arrival to delivery at the dealer?

Not sure about how long prep and transport is taking.

As I have been watching, the ANDROMEDA SPIRIT seems to be the last ship out of OPPAMA, (B4 quake) that I have found heading east. It is however going to Canada first. Then will probably head to LA.

Does anybody know what ship may have the reported 600 Leafs on it? If the Andromeda Spirit is headed to Canada it seems unlikely that Nissan would have 600 Leafs go to Canada and then to Long Beach.

JimK said:
Does anybody know what ship may have the reported 600 Leafs on it? If the Andromeda Spirit is headed to Canada it seems unlikely that Nissan would have 600 Leafs go to Canada and then to Long Beach.
Yes, Nissan stops in Canada on the way to Long Beach dropping off cars in both locations. On it's last trip The Andromeda Spirit first stopped in Vancouver, the Tacoma, WA, then Long Beach (the longest stop being in Long Beach).

The real question is: How many other ships are known to carry cars for Nissan:

So far we have:

City of Oslo - Last in Long Beach: Unknown - Appears to be inactive over the past 60+ days
Andromeda Spirit - Last in Long Beach: 2/18 - Dest: Vancouver - Last: Yokohama
Luna Spirit - Last in Long Beach: 2/19 - Dest: Long Beach - Last: Yokohama
Hoegh Inchon - Last in Long Beach: 3/6 - Dest: Kimitsu, Chiba, JP - Last: Tacoma, WA
United Spirit - Last in Long Beach: 3/13 - Dest: Vancouver - Last: Long Beach

If we try to correlate those dates with Carwings dashboard openings, it may shed some light on which ones had Leafs.

The last wave of Carwings openings occurred on 3/9. So that would suggest that the Hoegh Inchon had a lot of Leafs on it. If the United Spirit had Leafs on it, I would expect to see Carwings opening up for a lot more people over the next couple days.

I would expect to see Andromeda Spirit in Long Beach around March 25-26 given it's itinerary and history. So we should see another batch of Carwings openings around April 1st assuming this is the referenced ship with ~600 Leafs on it.

drees said:
I would expect to see Andromeda Spirit in Long Beach around March 25-26 given it's itinerary and history. So we should see another batch of Carwings openings around April 1st assuming this is the referenced ship with ~600 Leafs on it.

Thanks for the info and links. If I am reading the charts correctly, it appears that the Andromeda Spirit left Yokohama on the 5th, right?

Sure would be nice if all the outstanding September and October orders were on board. The lack of any decent information out of Nissan continues to perplex and frustrate.

According to this article ...
http://www.benzinga.com/news/11/03/...-japanese-earthquake-and-impact-on-nissan-ame

The 600 Leafs left port on the 10th, so that would seem to rule out the Andromeda Spirit. Of course, there is always a chance that the reporter did not have facts straight. Or, better yet, the Andromeda has a large batch AND there is a second ship with 600 more close behind (wouldn't that be nice).

EDIT at 9:47 - i just realized that the March 10 date is direct from a Nissan press release. So, which ship left on the 10th?

Back