Nissan ESFLOW Electric Coupe Concept : The official Thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
God I love this thing :!: This "concept" is fully resolved for production, all the way down to the profile of it's tires. IMHO this is NOT a concept car but a full on prototype. I think we are getting a VERY good look at Nissan's Electric Sports Car now!

Put me down on the :arrow: "Interest List" Nissan!

TRONZ said:
God I love this thing :!: This "concept" is fully resolved for production, all the way down to the profile of it's tires. IMHO this is NOT a concept car but a full on prototype. I think we are getting a VERY good look at Nissan's Electric Sports Car now!

Put me down on the :arrow: "Interest List" Nissan!

Very interesting!, a prototype.. so the composite panels indicate that they are going for the Tesla Roadster lite market but with a lower cost battery. Anyone wants to guess on the price?.. $50k to $60k my guess if they can get lower costs than Tesla by higher production rates.

And when Nissan says they're taking reservations, I'm taking a day off work to bang on that Refresh button like a zoo monkey!

I'm going to have my non-Amex in my paste buffer, and speed-typing pants on.

My new worry is that this thing actually rolls into showrooms while I'm still on-lease on the Leaf. If they announce a MY2012, someone gets a Blue leaf. :)

http://www.allcarselectric.com/blog/1055631_nissan-esflow-electric-sportscar-concept-10-facts-you-didnt-know

Nissan ESFlow Electric Sportscar Concept: 10 Facts You Didn't Know

- If Made, The ESFlow Would Be Priced Between $34,000 and $40,000
- The ESFLOW is Not the Next Tesla : Instead, it wants the ESFlow to be the mainstream electric sportscar of choice, revolutionizing the sportscar market in the same way it hopes the Leaf will revolutionize the family car market.
- It’s Smaller Than a Nissan 350Z : "the weight is less than 1,000 kg (2,200 lbs)."

evnow said:
Wow!

I was right about the J1772 being on one side and the CHAdeMO being on the other. Man is that cool! If the car goes into production I doubt this little feature will make it but still.
Pods under the front light cluster gracefully glide out on both sides. One contains the fast charge CHAdeMO connector, the other a standard J1772 unit.
This should look real nice parked next to my Leaf in the garage.

evnow said:
http://www.allcarselectric.com/blog/1055631_nissan-esflow-electric-sportscar-concept-10-facts-you-didnt-know

- If Made, The ESFlow Would Be Priced Between $34,000 and $40,000
- The ESFLOW is Not the Next Tesla : Instead, it wants the ESFlow to be the mainstream electric sportscar of choice, revolutionizing the sportscar market in the same way it hopes the Leaf will revolutionize the family car market.
- It’s Smaller Than a Nissan 350Z : "the weight is less than 1,000 kg (2,200 lbs)."

Though they didn't see it move, the car emitted several whirs and clicks. That's all I needs to hear, ship one to my hizzouse!

2200 lb sports car EV that passes standards and has more than a 60 mile range for under $40K, no way. Likely closer to 3000 lbs when done and over $50K. 2200 is less than the plastic gen one Think in 99, no way no how. It's always amusing to see concept pictures, specs and pricing and then the reality down the road. I'll take any bet that these numbers are far form attainable in the next three years minimum. Take the pack out and and you are left with a 1600 lb car that could only be made with the most expensive materials. Good marketing tease though. Remember the word concept and reality are not the same in the world of cars let alone EVs.

The Lotus Elise is less than 2,000 lbs, with 4cyl engine and related material.
Doesn't seem impossible to me.

The more I look at the ESFLOW, the less thrilled I am about the Leaf. I don't think that's what Nissan intended. :)

GroundLoop said:
The Lotus Elise is less than 2,000 lbs, with 4cyl engine and related material.
Doesn't seem impossible to me.

Good point!.. both are small cars, have aluminum chassis and composite bodies. The issue is that the Elise is an old design and the new Nissan would have to meet newer safety standards. More airbags?

Tesla is 2,735 with 990 being battery. If you cut the size of the battery in half you get close to 2,200, but it's also aluminum and carbon fiber and those two will make the price target tough.

LEAFer said:
Tesla is 2,735 with 990 being battery. If you cut the size of the battery in half you get close to 2,200, but it's also aluminum and carbon fiber and those two will make the price target tough.

And it's tiny.

Ever driven a Tesla, seen how it's built? The drive system is one of the lowest weight in the world DC/DC, Inverter, 18kw charger, all about the weight of the LEAF motor alone. Let's see how the reality of this plays out, they will be lucky to get it under 2700 lbs for $40K without a more limited range. This is a concept car as much as some think it will be the production reality, about as realistic that Ford invented the 6.6kw charger. That's why they call them concepts, the production model does not need to come close in specs.

Wonder whether 1,000 KG is without the battery. That seems doable.

I'm fairly certain they won't bump up the price (unless the $ keeps falling - remember Nissan stated the price in terms of Euros).

Actually the hyped up specs suggest concept more than prototype now :cry: Ratz!!! I think the final "sports car" will be 2500-2800 but could be less. It is very hard to get a sense of scale from the media shown. Would love to see it parked next to a 370Z for comparison.

TRONZ said:
Actually the hyped up specs suggest concept more than prototype now :cry: Ratz!!! I think the final "sports car" will be 2500-2800 but could be less. It is very hard to get a sense of scale from the media shown. Would love to see it parked next to a 370Z for comparison.
Considering it is like 370Z I think it is production intent. Ofcourse some things will get cut / changed. I wonder whether they have now optimized inverter etc compared to Leaf '11. Also possible they are thinking about Gen battery (no less weight for the same 24 kwh).

EVDRIVER said:
This is a concept car as much as some think it will be the production reality, about as realistic that Ford invented the 6.6kw charger. That's why they call them concepts, the production model does not need to come close in specs.
Yea I get that. I was just trying to point out that if your comment about the Tesla Roadster being "tiny" was about external dimensions the ESFLOW concept is also tiny using the same criteria.

Add me to the list of interested parties, especially at anything south of $50,000.

The fact that they are this far along with a sports model also makes me wonder how long it will be until we see an all-electric Infinity sedan?

I think Nissan may be showing it in Geneva as well. I read that Infinity will be showing a sedan with an unknown engine type. All Nissan will say is that it's power will be "fundamentally different" than other sedans. Could the this be the Infinity EV???

Back