Back door latch triggers when rear wiper moves

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lothsahn

In getting the backup camera added to my car, a weird symptom has showed up. If I use the rear wiper, it triggers the door latch. Every time the rear wiper moves, the batch hatch door actuator opens (and you can open the rear hatch).

The door release button works normally--it's just that the rear wiper ALSO opens the hatch. Disconnecting the wiper motor (unplugging D114) stops the behavior (but the wiper also doesn't move). The door release button still works when the wiper motor is unplugged.

I'm really scratching my head. I've tried replacing the new harness back with the old one (putting all of the wiring as it was originally), but the problem continues. I'm afraid there may be a short somewhere, but despite putting everything back, the problem and symptom remains the same.

Anyone have any ideas?

Nevermind, figured it out. On a hunch, I saw that the wiper motor position is on B18 pin 15 and the door switch is on pin 10. 15 and 10 are small pins and right next to each other...

I thought maybe some contamination got into B18, so I sprayed it thoroughly with electronic contact cleaner. Voila, now the problem is gone.

Back