What is your real world range with 40 and 62 KWH?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
golfcart said:
I just made 3 months with the 2018 SV with tech and cold weather package.

Distance Traveled: 3931 miles
Average Energy Economy: 4.2 miles/kWh

75% Highway: 65 -70mph usually in B-Mode and I use cruise control when prudent, usually light traffic since I come in and leave very early
25% Suburbs: 35 - 50 mph E-Pedal some stop lights and traffic

Terrain is always flat since I live in the coastal plain. It gets breezy sometimes since we are near the ocean/bay but typically it is less than 10mph. Average weather has gone from 60's in March to 80s in June. I use the HVAC when I think I need it.
Excellent report, thanks

Jerryr said:
I’ve owned a 2018 Leaf SV for about 10 months. I traded in our 2015 Leaf SL for it. It’s been a perfect car for us locally. I’ve never had range anxiety like I did occasionally with the 2015.

BUT, I purchased a cabin in the woods about 120 miles from home. The drive across Florida from home to the cabin doesn’t have any charging stations and I’m reluctant to take the drive. It’s pretty much a trip with only 2 red lights in 100 miles of remote, rural, 2 lane 60 MPH roads. My dilemma is that I’m not comfortable making the 120 mile trip without ability to charge on the way. At 60 mph for 2 hours would be a stretch for a 40 KWH Leaf.

Seeing the new 62 KWH Leaf Plus has me excited except for prices being quoted. My 2018 SV is paid off and they are offering $21,000 trade value and $42,000 for the 2019 SL plus. With fees, taxes and other BS costs it comes out to my car plus $24,000 out of my pocket. My tax situation qualifies to take full advantage of the $7,500 IRS credit but no other credits in Florida. So the bottom line is it will cost me a net $16,500 to make the swap.

I currently own another car (2018 Focus Titanium) that we use to make the trip and drive around there locally at the cabin area. It’s worth $15,000. I’m a big buy yet I can get in and out of the Leaf comfortably. The focus isn’t as comfortable to get in and out of.

What do you think? Should I trade the Leaf in on a SL PLUS? Perhaps trade both cars in on the SLPlus?

We also own a 2015 Lexus RX450h Hybrid and a F350 Diesel Truck to haul our RV so trading in the 18 Leaf and other small car on another Leaf wouldn’t leave us without an ICE car.

Here’s the 1st offering of the deal.

3kp9cQGl.jpg

I have been driving my 2018 SV 40Kwh on a 115 mile road trip between San Francisco & Sacramento comfortably without range anxiety since I got this 40Kwh model. Never have had to stop once for charge.

In California though, not even much of woods are going to be left without charging stations. The charging network is growing exponentially!!!!

I hear you, having 1 charging station between the 2 100 mile apart end points would give peace of mind....
I look for 1, but find on an average 3-5 charging stations between almost every two 150 mile end points that I try to drive within California.

According to this Spanish (Spain) site, the 62KW leaf gets 528Km per charge. Wonder which testing methodology that was with? (Guessing a Typo and intended 428Km)

https://www.drivingeco.com/nuevo-nissan-leaf/

Back