Android auto crashes - possibly solved

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reagle

My car has been having all kinds of Android Auto crashes ever since I got it last summer. Could not get through 10 minutes without disconnect/crash. Just recently I saw somebody mention that a USB superSpeed cable might be a good idea to try. I've been using the cable that came with my Pixel, and also a short aftermarket one. So I bought this Amazon Basics USB 3.1 rated cable https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D7PM3S4 and so far life is good.

Thanks for the tip. I had been having some degree of success with a different USB cable but still experience some crashes. Really annoying. I just ordered the Amazon cable you have recommended. Will know by tomorrow night after delivery and testing :)

Thanks

Jim

I can report that mine still works perfectly ever since I bought this cable. I plug my phone at least twice a day and it just works now

Another update- still going strong. I did have an instance of things going back to random disconnects, but that turned out to be lint inside the USBC connector inside the phone..

Back