"battery replaced' in Carfax report?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kieran973

In a Leaf's Carfax report, when it says "battery replaced", is there any way to tell whether this is the traction battery or the 12 Volt? Would a traction battery replacement say something like "EV battery replaced"?

Kieran973 said:
In a Leaf's Carfax report, when it says "battery replaced", is there any way to tell whether this is the traction battery or the 12 Volt? Would a traction battery replacement say something like "EV battery replaced"?

I don't think we've ever seen a Carfax report that mentions a battery replacement that turned out to be anything other than the 12 volt battery. You have to check the VIN with Nissan to see a traction battery replacement.

For sure, if there were an $8000 traction battery replaced, the Carfax would report it as such. The replacement would dramatically change the value of the car.

gncndad said:
For sure, if there were an $8000 traction battery replaced, the Carfax would report it as such. The replacement would dramatically change the value of the car.

CarFax apparently uses a form to record and display information. They seem never to have implemented a field for traction battery replacement.

Thanks, all. I saw an add for a 2012 SL for only $5.5K and the Carfax said "battery replaced" in February 2019, so I got excited, apparently for no reason....

Back