OT? Is there an Android smart-phone app that limits battery charge % to less than 100%?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldallan

Sorry if this question is off-topic.

I'd like to find a Android app for my LG smart-phone with o/s 7.1 that provides relatively sophisticated battery management capability beyond what I've found in my app search so far.

Is there something that provides the capability that the older Leaf's had to limit the charge percentage to 80%?

My older Dell laptop with WIndows-10 has such a capability .... and better. It allows specifying a certain percentage that is to not be exceeded, which can range from 50% to 80%.

My newer Lenova Win-10 laptop has a similar utility that limits the maximum charge to 60%, which can be over-ridden when I need plenty of charge for a busy day.

The objective of such an Android app would be to extend the useful lifetime of the LG's battery.

Nissan has never implemented a "stop charging" command, so the answer is "no."

EDIT: Wait, you're asking about an app to limit your phone's charging to 80%? The way you mentioned the Leaf's 80% charge option is a little confusing. Try making that "similar to" the Leaf 80% charge option...

iOS 13 will have this feature (from https://www.apple.com/ios/ios-13-preview/features/)
Optimized battery charging
A new option helps slow the rate of battery aging by reducing the time your iPhone spends fully charged. iPhone learns from your daily charging routine so it can wait to finish charging past 80% until you need to use it.

Back