2019 "60 kWh" Leaf e-Plus

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
joeriv said:
My guess- Leaf 40 being phased out, Leaf Plus ramping up.

That may be the case, but over here in Japan they’re selling them side-by-side almost as tiers. The 40 is available in 3 trim levels, and the 64 is available in 2. I imagine that will be the case moving forward, but if the can get the price of batteries down, then it does make sense to phase out the 40.

^^^
A quick search of this thread turned up 2 readings.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=551932#p551932 - 767
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=24964&p=554783&hilit=gids#p554783 - 664, not fully charged?

I'd (via wild guess and some basic math) would have figured mid to low 700s...

Hope we can get more.

DougWantsALeaf said:
Anyone with a plus on this thread have a high gid reading to share?

The Leaf Plus has a peak (new) Ahr rating of 172 Ahrs, or 62 kWhs capacity. What more is to be gained by knowing "high gid"?
Gid is just another measure of battery capacity. All new Leaf Pluses will have the same battery specs. It's not as if some Pluses
got slightly higher capacity batteries because of a different chemistry when the "soup" was made at different production dates.

DougWantsALeaf said:
Anyone with a plus on this thread have a high gid reading to share?

Just checked my LeafSpy log and this was just after my charge yesterday. I haven't charged to 100% cause, why :D

GID 685
SOH 884938 (88.5%)
AHr 1750240 (175.02)

DougWantsALeaf said:
Gids give a reading of usable capacity. Getting a few will give an indication about variability.

Really? And Ahrs don't? You can define how a GID is calculated and how it differs from total battery capacity at 100% SOC?
You do understand that even when the Leaf's battery is new, there's a sampling error associated with measuring Leafs
with very close mileage (< 500)? Maybe you need to get LeafSpy, visit a number of Nissan dealers and sample at least
five new Leafs per dealer and report back to MNL.

Bottom Line: You need to be more concerned about monitoring the degradation of the Leaf Plus battery after a few months,
especially during the Chicago heat and super humidity between July and August.

Soooo three questions.

1. What month do you think the 2020 model year will be available?

2. What new goodies will it have over the 2019? There’s always a few things.

3. What are the chances of coulis red being available in 2020 models?

Anybody with a crystal ball? :)

webeleafowners said:
OrientExpress said something about new platform getting announced early next year. Likely available towards end of next year.
Dedicated BEV platform. Slightly more room, a bit more range, perhaps a price cut. ProPilot improvement(s)?

DanCar said:
webeleafowners said:
OrientExpress said something about new platform getting announced early next year. Likely available towards end of next year.
Dedicated BEV platform. Slightly more room, a bit more range, perhaps a price cut. ProPilot improvement(s)?

I think those will be on the 2021 model. I think the 2020 model will be similar to the 2019.

Here is the story on a LEAF Plus 500 mile roadtrip.

19LEAF-Blizzard.jpg

Once we got to Sacramento and level roads, our miles/kWh had increased to 7.5 m/kWh compared to 3.2 kWh going up.

Really? But no mention of speed?

In the flatlands our average speed was between 65-75, in the uphill portions we were at between 55 and 35 mph especially in the blizzard. Going downhill we were between 45-65.

Fast charging speeds at the two Drive the Arc quick chargers were on 50kW stands and were between 38-42 kW.

OrientExpress said:

Once we got to Sacramento and level roads, our miles/kWh had increased to 7.5 m/kWh compared to 3.2 kWh going up.

Really? But no mention of speed?

In the flatlands our average speed was between 65-75, in the uphill portions we were at between 55 and 35 mph especially in the blizzard. Going downhill we were between 45-65.

Fast charging speeds at the two Drive the Arc quick chargers were on 50kW stands and were between 38-42 kW.

So the 7.5 (133 W/mile) efficiency was at 65 - 75 on level terrain and no tail wind nor drafting, right? The M3 is about 250/300 W/mile.
So the Plus is ~ 50% more efficient than my 2019 40 kWh at those speeds,

Where's SageBrush on this?

lorenfb said:
level terrain and no tail wind nor drafting, right?

On the outbound section we were going into the wind on the flatlands, and with the wind on the back side trip in the flatlands. From Sacramento to Tahoe and back uphill and down, the winds were clam - 3 kts.

OrientExpress said:
lorenfb said:
level terrain and no tail wind nor drafting, right?

On the outbound section we were going into the wind on the flatlands, and with the wind on the back side trip in the flatlands. From Sacramento to Tahoe and back uphill and down, the winds were clam - 3 kts.

So the 7.5 miles/kWh is a distorted number and meaningless for a comparative analysis.

lorenfb said:
So the 7.5 miles/kWh is a distorted number and meaningless for a comparative analysis.

No not at all, but I would recommend you read the article once again and understand that the story is not an empirical analysis.

As the story noted, the uphill efficiency was 3.2 miles/kW from San Jose to Tahoe and 7.5 miles/kW from Tahoe to San Jose, for a round trip average of about 5.35 miles/kW (5.0 miles/kW when we got home as the photo in the article showed). Now with that said, not everyone has the same driving skills as I do, so your mileage may vary.

Back