Love and Hate about our new Leaf 2018

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DaveinOlyWA said:
golfcart said:
Spotify has integrated with Waze and can be streamed over Bluetooth... This has basically rendered the Android Auto obsolete for me. I can listen to my music and get notified about traffic or cops taking radar without pressing a button.

I am also shocked how much I like the epedal for driving around town. Picking up my foot to press the brake seems archaic now lol. My buddy drove it yesterday and said the same thing.

+1 on E-Pedal but it does seem to be the most polarizing feature on the LEAF. Seems like there is no middle ground. You either love it or hate it.

That's the beauty of it being an optional driving mode, if you don't like it you don't have to engage it. I find myself turning it on everywhere except on the interstate where I prefer B-mode and the adaptive cruise control.

+1 on E-Pedal but it does seem to be the most polarizing feature on the LEAF. Seems like there is no middle ground. You either love it or hate it.

I neither love it nor hate it. I may or may not end up using it more. The reason, in my case, is I do very little driving in heavy traffic. When I do, that's when I'm most likely to use it.

After searching for five minutes for the topic in which the Bluetooth music player option was mentioned, I'll post here. (There are FAR too many 2018 Leaf topics!)

I finally tried the Bluetooth source with Google Play Music opened on my phone, and... it works great! Song info, full control, and it opened fast. The sound quality, as with all BT devices, is a little flatter than with more direct sources, but it sounds good enough for me! I have a Sirius-XM subscription until a year from August, but this gives me a great alternative to listening to banal (and worse - looking at you, Richard Blade!) "DJs" and relentless self-promotion (ditto, Blade), along with limited "station" choices that interest me. I've been using Play Music in my bedroom and on my bicycles for years, and there was another, unexpected benefit: my phone received a whole bunch of "new" music that I hadn't heard on the bikes. I theorize that it wasn't updating much because my rural bike route has marginal cell reception.

So to whoever suggested it, in whatever topic it occurred: thanks!

As a person living in an area with a lot of e-pedal leafs:
and following them,
what a distraction. Brake lights on for no apparent reason or purpose. It's stupid, and takes my attention off other, potentially, more important topics.

brycenesbitt said:
As a person living in an area with a lot of e-pedal leafs:
and following them,
what a distraction. Brake lights on for no apparent reason or purpose. It's stupid, and takes my attention off other, potentially, more important topics.

This is an issue for sure, I know I have annoyed quite a few people behind me for what I think is just that situation. Evidently the brake lights come on whenever you lift the pedal.

It is speed dependent but would appear the nominal range is 2 regen segments. Above that, lights on, at or below that, lights off.

FYI, it is quite easy to see the brake light action due to the vertical light path of center light hitting the inside hatch area at night. If you have questions, simply take a drive on a darkened street one night to observe.

I downloaded the 2019 owner manual to read because I am starting to consider the possibility of upgrading to an SL+ and wanted to read about the various features and especially the ability to enable/disable them. The manual implies that the brake lights will not operate in D or B mode, only in E-pedal. Can anyone confirm that?

GerryAZ said:
I downloaded the 2019 owner manual to read because I am starting to consider the possibility of upgrading to an SL+ and wanted to read about the various features and especially the ability to enable/disable them. The manual implies that the brake lights will not operate in D or B mode, only in E-pedal. Can anyone confirm that?

That's how ePedal works on the 2018 Leaf. I doubt they changed anything like that for the ePlus.

GerryAZ said:

Confirmed... at least on 2018. Because the middle brake light is far enough ahead that it shines into the back hatch, it is easy to see how the light functions on a dark night as long as there is no one behind you.

DaveinOlyWA said:
GerryAZ said:

Confirmed... at least on 2018. Because the middle brake light is far enough ahead that it shines into the back hatch, it is easy to see how the light functions on a dark night as long as there is no one behind you.
I use the chrome grill on the pickup truck that is tailgating to confirm the e-pedal brake light function... lol

rogersleaf said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
GerryAZ said:

I use the chrome grill on the pickup truck that is tailgating to confirm the e-pedal brake light function... lol

LOL The chrome grill on the 4X4 diesel pickup did not look so good after it hit the back of my 2011. I had been sitting at the stoplight for a while so it was clearly a case of not paying attention.

Thanks to everyone for confirming my interpretation of the operating description in the manual.

Back