Leaf Plus purchase/lease details

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TexasLeaf

The only Leaf Plus for sale in Texas shown on AutoTrader.com is at a dealer near where I live. I went over to the dealership and tried to trade in my 2018 SL for the Leaf Plus. I wasn't very happy with the lease terms and I really don't want to wait for a year to get the tax credit.

Nissan was giving a $8,500 credit on a lease for the Leaf Plus but they were only giving a money factor equivalent to 7% interest rate. The money factor on my 2018 Leaf equated to a 1% interest rate. That higher money factor on the Leaf Plus would have doubled the monthly payments of what I pay on my 2018 Leaf.

The interest rate I was offered on a 72 month purchase was only 1.9 %. That's a better interest rate than I can get from my credit union. But the dealership also wanted to low ball me on the trade-in of my 2018 Leaf, did not want to give me sales tax credit for the trade in of my 2018 Leaf and only gave me about $1000 off of the MSRP.

I checked the deals on the Nissan website and Nissan still seams to be offering a pretty good money factor on the 40 kWh Leaf. I am thinking the higher money factor on the Leaf Plus is intended to help reduce inventory of the 40 kWh models. I still have 2-1/2 years on my lease so I have time to wait to see if deals on the Leaf Plus get better.

I would like to see what dealerships are offering on the lease/purchase of a Leaf Plus to other people around the country. Please describe any lease/purchase deals on the Leaf Plus here so that we can compare what dealerships are offering.

I just read that someone received a finance rate of 0.9% (money factor of 0.000375) on a Leaf Plus lease. When I tried to lease a Leaf Plus they wanted to charge me a finance rate of more than 6%. Can anybody confirm they got a finance rate of 0.9% on a Leaf Plus lease?

Two Nissan dealers here in SoCal today had only one Nissan Leaf each. They were SL Pluses which arrived within the last few days.
Both had sticker prices greater than $44K. Laughable! No wonder Elon can again promote a $35K M3 reservation scam.

lorenfb said:
Two Nissan dealers here in SoCal today had only one Nissan Leaf each. They were SL Pluses which arrived within the last few days.
Both had sticker prices greater than $44K. Laughable! No wonder Elon can again promote a $35K M3 reservation scam.

Quite a few Leaf Plus models have shown up in the DFW area. There is a Leaf Plus SL in McKinney,TX with a MSRP of $44,070 listed for $41,953 on AutoTrader.com. I’m sure the dealer would be willing to ship it to California for you if you are willing to pay the 0.00275 money factor on a lease.

TexasLeaf said:
I just read that someone received a finance rate of 0.9% (money factor of 0.000375) on a Leaf Plus lease. When I tried to lease a Leaf Plus they wanted to charge me a finance rate of more than 6%. Can anybody confirm they got a finance rate of 0.9% on a Leaf Plus lease?

That was probably my comment that you read. I should clarify that I got 0.9% financing, not a 0.9% rate on a lease.

Back