Is there a way to set the desired temp to less than 18 C

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You wont notice the 3 degrees either in temperature, or in energy consumption... Either way you will spend a lot of energy to heat that thing in -22 degrees.....

If you are taking about preheating the car, then all you have to do is time it to only preheat for 5 minutes. That's what I do, and I have never gotten into a too-hot car unless it preheated for the full 15 minutes the timer allows.

If you are talking about the cabin temp while driving, then lower the fan speed to 1, with the vents set to floor + defrost. It is unlikely that the heater will be able to get the cabin very warm, but the windshield will stay clear and your feet will stay warm.

No doubt with enough determination and a bit of electrical knowledge you could "fool" the sensor into thinking the temperature is several degrees warmer than it actually is. I think the temp sensor is really just a resistance reading. You could skew the resistance reading, or alternatively put a small source of warmth near the sensor. But I'd tend to agree with other posters, the difference between warming the cabin by 40C vs 37C is probably not worth the effort.

why not just turn the climate control off? I only turn mine on when I need to defrost/defog the windows

webeleafowners said:
We get in the vehicle fully dressed for winter and 18 is just too high. 15 maybe. But lowest I can go is 18. It’s been minus 22 here in the morning lately. Luv our leaf more than ever.

Thanks.
The temperature for the Climate Control Timer or Remote Climate Control, if that's what you're referring to, is set, at least on my 2015 SV, from the nav unit's Zero Emissions (blue) button : Settings : Timer/Remote-Set climate temp. On mine it can be set from 60 F to 90 F. I imagine the range in Celsius is something like 15 C to 32 C.

Back